Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dragon's Crown, Boobs
Vitamin D
post Jul 25 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #1

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

So yeah, I'm getting super hype for this game. It's been released in Japan today and will be headed here on August 6th. This is it's trailer from E3.

The game will be on Vita and dat Tr3y (4 lyfe3). It will have online multiplayer from the PS3 version, and local play for the Vita. It does not have crossplay between the two. It is possible to transfer saves however. Destructoid's preview has pushed my anticipation over the hill. I've also watched a couple streams of the Japanese version, and I had to stop myself, lest I spoil too much haha.

I say we get together and play this dope looking game. I dare say make it an AT gameday! Either way who's down? If we do play, DIBS ON AMAZON. Once again AT, IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON!

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jul 25 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Yea been waiting for this game for a while. I've been watching a ton of streams on twitch. I'm really hyped. This has been one of the worst summers for gaming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 25 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Those aren't boobs, those are tumors!

I mean, yeah the game looks interesting.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 30 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #4

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex133LSR6xE

Clearly the superiority of the Vita version presents its self.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 31 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #5

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I totally should not have clicked that video at work.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Aug 6 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #6

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

Ok, so who got this game? Still haven't picked it up yet.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Aug 6 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Grand Armor

I got it, been playing for about 6 hours. Enjoying it so far. Only two complaints really. The first is they wait to give you quests for an area after you have already beaten it. The other is the tutorial stuff they make you do, introduction to elements and mechanics of the game, kind of pads the length of the game. It's not really a jump right in and play like you would expect from a beat'em up with multiplayer. What drives this point even more is that you have to unlock online multiplayer. . . . I have not even completed enough stages to unlock online yet.

I can see this game being a lot of fun in the harder difficulties. It's got the Diablo loot thing going. And the skills and combat appears to have a lot of depth into it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Aug 7 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #8

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

My brother and I got a few hours in, GOOD SHIT.

Local co-op works, but it's a bit backwards to say the least. It's all tied to one profile, so (unless I'm mistaken) things like excepting quest/learning skills have to be done individually by each player. As in, walking in to the guild multiple times. It's annoying, but outside of that, I'm really digging it. It's cool that a game like this has things like loot, quests, skills, and even branching paths. I do agree that "unlocking" online play is pretty lame, but getting to that point will be fun I think. I've been having a lot of fun so far.

Oh and my GOD the graphics. Seriously insane. I actually didn't think the game would end up looking as good as it does. Looking forward to play more.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Aug 9 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #9

Grand Armor

This game is sooooo good. Started as a Dwarf played him for about 15 hours before rerolling Elf. When starting a new character you have to do everything over again, though stash is shared. However I was able to blaze through the A routes and unlock Multiplayer in under a little over an hour. Significantly faster than my first time through. Elf is very hard to play as it sometimes difficult to tell which point on the plane you and the enemies are on in order to line up shots with the bow. I like the feel of how the Dwarf plays better honestly.

But yeah this game really opens up after you are familiar with all the little quirks. Very addicting. The multiplayer is awesome when you find a good team and that are willing and able to do dungeon chains. Had a good run the other night of 8 dungeons in a row. Good stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 15 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #10

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Just how big is the game proper? Is it like an ARPG like PSO or Diablo where you're running the same dungeons over and over to level up? Or is there a large variety of content as far as areas to explore and enemies to fight?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Aug 16 2013, 03:47 AM
Post #11

Grand Armor

I have over 50 hours played right now, just started to crack into Inferno.

The game is similar to PSO and Diablo in that you run stages over and over to get loot and to improve your score and rank; you beat a difficulty it unlocks the next with stronger enemies and a different mix of enemies. Once you get done with the tutorial stuff, you unlock the option to chain random dungeons together for a chance at improved rewards. The catch is your armor and weapons will break ( you will then have to pay money to repair) and you will eventually run out of potions and other quantity items. The goal is to get S rank treasure or EXP boosts so you can level faster.

As for dungeons. There are 9 stages with A and B routes. Each route has it's own boss at the end. There are secret areas on some stages too. Also, there is a number of encounters (including bosses) and "screens" that have win and fail states that are surprising in a "I've done this 50 times and never seen this in this level before" kind of way. Each level is just the right length that you can do over and over again without it getting old (reminds me more of PSO in this regard). It's got the "one more run" for S ranks thing going. It's been very hard for me to put down when I need to sleep.

The game opens up when you are trying to build a character with certain skills and trying to make it work with the right gear. How that ties into chaining dungeons with your chosen "Goddess" bonus makes it interesting. It also help there is a good variety of talents to choose from. Using moves feels like a very tight fighting games with some of the advanced things you can pull off. For me this was around level 30 and dealing with the difficulty of Hard mode.

In my opinion, the game is best played if you go with the flow and chain dungeons. Basically, try to complete bosses and quests in chain runs instead of specifically going to each level to complete them. It's fine though if you have one or two talismans to get and you want to unlock the next difficulty imo. I think part of the fun is dealing with different outcomes and trying to get the most out of it.

The "endgame" is a 99 floor dungeon that gets harder as you get deeper. Enemies you in encounter will eventually go beyond the level 99 cap (very challenging stuff). Random everything of course. I hear even bosses can show up as regular enemies, which is crazy.

The game takes most people 20 hours to complete on normal. Feels a bit grindy for a good chunk of that until you get a feel for everything. Less so once you get into the dungeon chaining thing with multiplayer groups. When you get to hard you really start to learn the game I think, where advanced mechanics start to come into play. Depth to the gameplay you realize is there after spending lots of time with it. It sort of clicks. For me it was about 25 hour mark and working my way through hard.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:53 AM