IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Blizzard at it again, What is it this time?
Crushinator
post Jun 23 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

www.blizzard.com

A new countdown to a big game reveal, what could it be?

Lost Vikings 3, I'm calling it.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Jun 23 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #2

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

Probably just gonna finally announce the release date of WotLK.

edit: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html up there now as well. Yeah just wotlk release date finally.

/tinfoil

"From diablofans.com:

Another interesting fact is the URL: http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

Why 232309? If we assume that the numbers correspond to the letters in the alphabet we get 232309=WWI ... ring a bell? :-) World Wide Invitational
23 = W
23 = W
09 = I
Anyway the "hidden" picture is called 04.jpg. (http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg)
My guess is that tomorrow we'll see a picture called 09.jpg, then on wednesday 01.jpg ....

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all Tongue)
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo) "

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 23 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #3

I like the tin foil hat theory!

The hidden image looks like a purple people eater from Startropics.

Since they already announced the new WoW expansion, I don't see why they would do a hugeass "countdown" thing on their main page just for the official release date announcement. I'm sure they'll use the WWI to drop the date, but I think this "reveal" will be something bigger.

Maybe its the SC2 expansion annoucement before the real game is even out? beigelaugh.gif

EDIT: If you go to www.diablo.com it redirects you to the countdown splash page. worldofwarcraft.com and starcraft2.com both still go to their respective home pages. Diablo 3 confirmed?!?!?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jun 23 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #4

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Jun 23 2008, 08:57 AM) *
Probably just gonna finally announce the release date of WotLK.

edit: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html up there now as well. Yeah just wotlk release date finally.

/tinfoil

"From diablofans.com:

Another interesting fact is the URL: http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

Why 232309? If we assume that the numbers correspond to the letters in the alphabet we get 232309=WWI ... ring a bell? :-) World Wide Invitational
23 = W
23 = W
09 = I
Anyway the "hidden" picture is called 04.jpg. (http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg)
My guess is that tomorrow we'll see a picture called 09.jpg, then on wednesday 01.jpg ....

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all Tongue)
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo) "

Nice deduction! I would invest in that!

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jun 28 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #5

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Diablo 3 announced! Watching live feed of Blizzard Worldwide Inventational! OMG Footage playing as I type!

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Jun 28 2008, 05:07 AM
Post #6

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

Exciting! There is already a bunch of content to be viewed on the site!

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 28 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #7

Fuck yeah! Diablo 3! ITS OVERRRRRR! crash.gif

Holy shit, looks amazing! beigebiggrin.gif

I love the interactive environment, I think this is going to push the gameplay to a new level. Also, no more potions, thank you! That will speed up the game a lot more, and hopefully make the harder battles flow better, make it more tactical instead of just jamming on the potion belt.

The male barb totally has the "old snake" thing going on, which rocks. And the freaking WITCH DOCTOR looks bad ass. I can't wait to see what other classes there are.

Oh yeah, and that boss fight was E-P-I-C! And that was probably just some scrub boss, too. The way he was smashing shit and RIPPING THEIR GODDAMN HEADS OFF! buttrock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jun 28 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #8

By the time I got into the idea of playing a Diablo game, I was told to leave it alone because of how overrun with hackers it was, so now i'm happy to get the chance to give it a go! Video was awesome. ;)

Small bit of the video that was awesome was the summoning of that thing from sacrifice! That was fucking awesome.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jun 28 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #9

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I dunno. It is kinda unexpected for me because I figured the wait for Diablo 3 announcement would be off a couple more years. I been excitedly waiting for Mythos by Flagship (company that did Hellgate) to give me that fill. And Mythos has going for it is that it comes out sooner. Plus I am a dissapointed there was not much of a leap in graphic update on Diablo 3. I was expecting something more MMOish looking. Instead it pretty much retains the Diablo look, which really does not set it apart since there are dozens of popular free Diablo style games out there currently.

But yeah probably the best thing Diablo 3 going for it is character classes and skills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jun 28 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #10

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

Diablo III does not need to be an MMO. The engine and look it has going for it was one of the reasons it was such an addictive game. Easy to pick up and just go at it, none of that lame RAID2NITE planning bullshit.

I'm glad Blizzard kept the game to it's traditional look, this will make loads of people happy, including me.

I definitely can't wait, maybe this will be one game I can play with everyone finally. beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jun 28 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #11

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(Retehi @ Jun 28 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Diablo III does not need to be an MMO. The engine and look it has going for it was one of the reasons it was such an addictive game. Easy to pick up and just go at it, none of that lame RAID2NITE planning bullshit.

I'm glad Blizzard kept the game to it's traditional look, this will make loads of people happy, including me.

I definitely can't wait, maybe this will be one game I can play with everyone finally. beigebigrazz.gif

I co-sign that. The look of the game is great.
This might be the next big AT game since forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Jun 28 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #12

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

Assuming we can kind of predict what playable classes there will be, what does everyone speculate that might want to play?

I'm hoping to see "Lawyer" in the game this time. I wanna take down dome demons with AoE lawsuit. Or maybe help defend your party by using cross-examine on the boss. Stun monsters with objections. Or maybe I've been playing too much Phoenix Wright lately.

But yeah, I enjoyed playing necromancer on Diablo II, I hope it comes back. And I hope there is still a type of skill tree so that you can choose unique paths for your character's development. For example, I only did the minimum amount of raise dead type spells on necromancer, and then from there, leveled up nothing but the "teeth" spell. I ended up being able to shoot out a 360 degree fan of the teeth with really high damage, something that can't be done if you focus too much on undead spells.

Witchdoctor looks pretty sweet, too though. Anyone wanna buy my lv 60 barb for 100 RoJ??

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 28 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Jun 28 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I dunno. It is kinda unexpected for me because I figured the wait for Diablo 3 announcement would be off a couple more years. I been excitedly waiting for Mythos by Flagship (company that did Hellgate) to give me that fill. And Mythos has going for it is that it comes out sooner. Plus I am a dissapointed there was not much of a leap in graphic update on Diablo 3. I was expecting something more MMOish looking. Instead it pretty much retains the Diablo look, which really does not set it apart since there are dozens of popular free Diablo style games out there currently.

But yeah probably the best thing Diablo 3 going for it is character classes and skills.

The thing is, all those "free diablo style games" all are STILL second banana to the true king, Diablo 2. The only true successor to the style gameplay can only be Diablo 3. The graphics are fantastic, while still keeping the art style and perspective of Diablo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jun 28 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #14

if we're shooting for class speculation, I tend to wave towards healing classes these days, but if one doesn't exist, i'll go umm.....maybe a ranged dude?

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jun 28 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #15

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I'm hoping they bring back Druid is some form or another, would say Necro to, but Witch Doctor seems to be close enough. Wall of Zombies? hel yeh

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 AM