A big fubar on ST's part
Retehi
post Jan 24 2003, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

The maintenance last night was to stop the dupe bug, which
is good. Yet, ST goofed up badly on this one.

Ya' know how you FSOD once in a while when you join a team?
Well, the maintenance made it so it double saves when you
join a team. Dupe bug gone, and maybe even your character!
If you FSOD, it FSOD's during the second save, pretty much
corrupting your card.

Not a pleasent thought. cry2.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jan 24 2003, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Ive actually FSOD at the time when the game is supposed to save, but what instead happens is that the "save icon" simply doesn't appear and you just freeze. So there is no worry about character corruption.

FSOD occurs usually when you are:
Going to the lobby
Telepiping (it just doesn't load up)
During the actualy gameplay

Anyway, FSOD is now far more dangerous, but there is still an exploitable dupe bug. It's just far more impractical and there is nothing ST can do about it. It shuts down all the duping lamers(vega) and make rares semi rare again.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jan 25 2003, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Appearently this new FSOD problem is really serious, tons of people have been getting FSOD and had their character corrupted. Anyway I don't think i'll be going online intill this problem is fixed, atleast not with DYNE or Ethos.

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Jan 26 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #4

Hyper Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 7

Don't go on with their memory card at all. It erases all your characters on that card X_x

I've been working on Rogue and a new force now that this happened.

By the way, I have NO clue if the server downtime we just had was to fix this or not. I've never FSOD'ed on entry, but I don't want to risk anything either x.x

+Quote Post
Henge
post Jan 26 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #5

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

not to mention, you still cant search other ships while on Deneb, they need to get their shit togeather seariously.

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Jan 27 2003, 05:05 AM
Post #6

Hyper Frame

Well it turns out it's still quite possible to dupe. But you KNOW they won't take down their patch. I can live with not searching other ships as much, because I know where to go to meet everybody. But this character corruption thing has me too worried to play as my favorite characters x.x Some people ask me if I'm going to quit... NEVER!

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jan 27 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #7

Yea, this is total bullshit indeed. Iam gonna ride it out another month and then cancel my HL. First this mail bug crap(which REALLY sucks) and now this FSOD which corrupts ALL your characters...oh yea and still no C7-C9.

Sorry but this is inexcuseable for the full price we pay. Most MMORPGs which require a more expensive bandwith cost charge around the same price as GC PSO HL, and this is the service we get? TONS of people have been getting FSOD corruptions.

I'd honestly prefer it if there was NEVER a dupe bug in the game, but with telepipe FSOD, lobby FSOD and now these corruptions, the game needs a dupe bug to prevent gamers from being hurt by all the nasty glitches.

I say they just remove the double save. I'd rather see lamers spamming "NE1 HAV YASHA 4 TRADE?" then have tons of other gamers get their character(s) corrupted.

If the people at Sonic Team who manage the servers don't get their shit together iam not going to renew my HL.

Apparently Sega cutting back on development staff when it comes to bug testing doesn't increase profit, it only creates a buggy game.

+Quote Post
Icaras
post Jan 27 2003, 04:28 PM
Post #8

crazy in the coconut

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 16

Any news on if the FSOD is completely random, or if one connections is more susceptable than another? (modem/cable)
I have been trying to get to 122, and it seems ultimate heat swords are the most effecient method. With this new problem though, i may just stick to offline ruins.

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Jan 27 2003, 05:46 PM
Post #9

Hyper Frame

Completely random I think. This isn't stopping me from playing. PSO is the only way I can talk to some of the coolest people I know >.>

There's so much speculation going on. Some say it's the worm. Some say there's no reason. All I know is that damned duping patch accomplished almost nothing as dupe is still possible, and people are losing their characters left and right now. bash.gif

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Jan 28 2003, 02:18 PM
Post #10

Rippalicious!

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 9

I just read at PSOW that Sonic Team is unaware of the double saving and FSOD that is going on. I find that interesting and you guys won't be seeing me online for a while... cry2.gif

--------------------

Happiness is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but your the one who feels the warmth.

PSO charaters:
Ripper1486 - HUcast - lvl 128
CurlySue - FOnewearal - lvl 68
Gangsta Gurl - RAmarl - lvl 75
Verbatim - HUcaseal - lvl 81
Jade2002 - FOmarl - lvl 36

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:40 AM