Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

AT Soundoff, wassup?
AC9breaker
post Dec 3 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Yo! Its been a while since we've done one of these. You know, the Annual thread where we say whats up and see how everyones doing? The year is almost over and I thought now would be a good time to reflect on things and let our fellow AT'ers and associates know whats up.

I've had quite a hectic year myself. So many unexpected responsabilities literally heaped on me. I manage to get through my 2nd Semster in college with the grades I wanted but this last semester proved to be much too challenging for me; and in the end I ended up droping almost all my classes rather then settling for something less then what I expect of myself. I've somehow still managed to also keep my job and sanity and its all been a great learning experience. I've definetly felt myself grow alot this year.

Got myself a 360 and been splurging on games like I've never done before. With my DS and 360 I've never been so satisfied with a purchase I've made as I have with these. As of lately Crushinator,Donkey, some of donkey's friends and I have been housing it up on Call of Duty 4 and man have we been having a blast making fun of some italian gangs, making fun of spoiled annoying little kids, teabagging, knifing, headshotting, car exploding, Bret Favre grenade lobbing fun.

A file on my windows PC corrupted so I haven't been able to get on PSU or visit the boards in like a month now. Hopefully I'll have that fixed by end of this week. Not sure, what I want in my love life when it comes to women so I've just been taking things as they come don't really want to commit to anything. Still keeping my dream of aiming for the top and focusing on my first step to that dream by becoming a teacher. So what about you? How are things with my fellow AT'ers been going? I know some of us have gone through some very troubled times so I hope I don't trouble you or bring back any unpleasant memories. But I've really grown attached to my time with you guys and I feel that I genuinely care for you guys. As so I hope for the best for everyone and invite you to share with us whats happening with you. At least let us know your still alive!

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
donkeybeatz
post Dec 5 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

I was busy with school with projects due each week. I had all studio classes this semester so it was killer. 2 classes (6 hours straight) back to back Mon. - Thurs. I just finished up my final exam today (and my final project just 15 minutes before class started) and man it feels good. Now I can get a full night's worth of sleep or really play games all night haha. I'll finally be able to enjoy watching House MD without fiddling around with my drawing tools or graphic programs. Too bad no new episodes won't come out for a few weeks. I guess a good thing coming out of all of this is that I was able to put out some pretty nifty work that I thought I wasn't capable of. I had fun but it was alot of work.

As for my DJ side "job", I'm starting to get more involved with the local scene and I got a handful of gigs coming up. One thing that was pretty cool this year was this DJ audition the week before Thanksgiving. It was to see who would play at the party the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. They were only going to choose 8 DJs. The auditions started at 7PM but I didn't really come until an hour later. I didn't get to audition until like 10:30PM or 11:00PM because I was further down the list. I get a call a few days later telling me that I could perform. Wow sweet but the time slot for me was way too early and only one of my friends got to see me perform. Plus I only had 30 minutes to do so. I didn't really mind. It was a nice experience. In the end, all the DJs that auditioned got to play (around 14 total spreaded out to 2 rooms) and we all made $50 for 30 mins or so of playtime. I didn't expect to get paid at all. The party itself was pretty awesome. The club was pretty packed and they had a fashion show in another room earlier that night.

As for the gaming front: I've been playing PSU:AoTI occasionally. I've been enjoying it so far. It's much less of a grind this time around. Been playing in alot of open games.
Like AC, I'm pretty glad I bought a 360 even though I only have 3 games for it. My first real Halo (online) experience was pretty awesome and so was my first real in-depth experience with Guitar Hero. Everything has already been said for CoD4. Good game and great in between everything else. XBox Live itself is pretty cool even though I had doubts about it. There's occasional assholes on there but you can pretty much find that anywhere these days. Another thing would be that some people think that I play PSU on the 360 when I really don't and they ask me to get on and game with them. Maybe I should pick it up afterall haha.
On the DS, I'm still trying to get through Contra 4 but I keep dying at the 2nd part of Stage 2 (the new music kicks ass though). I was playing Zelda for a little bit then I stopped because of all of the CoD4 action. I'll probably get on that later on.
As for the Wii, my bro took it back to play Metroid so I'm SOL. I was ready to play some Mario Galaxy too =(

Not sure what the new year will hold. Probably more projects =(

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
AC9breaker   AT Soundoff   Dec 3 2007, 08:15 PM
Wiryu   I've been buying more games than I know what to do...   Dec 3 2007, 09:11 PM
Retehi   Well theres a decent chance I'll be moving to Utah...   Dec 4 2007, 02:19 PM
Crushinator   QUOTE(Retehi @ Dec 4 2007, 01:19 PM) Well...   Dec 4 2007, 09:29 PM
HC82   Real life is insanely demanding; I get home around...   Dec 4 2007, 11:42 PM
Crushinator   Sounds like a real man's job, something that can t...   Dec 5 2007, 01:22 AM
HC82   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Dec 5 2007, 02:22 AM)...   Dec 5 2007, 07:44 AM
Crushinator   QUOTE(HC82 @ Dec 5 2007, 06:44 AM) Food f...   Dec 5 2007, 10:44 AM
Oddies da Nerfed   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Dec 5 2007, 11:44 AM)...   Dec 5 2007, 01:14 PM
HC82   QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Dec 5 2007, 02:1...   Dec 5 2007, 09:07 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   HC covered most everything, I am still getting a c...   Dec 6 2007, 03:24 PM
donkeybeatz   I was busy with school with projects due each week...   Dec 5 2007, 02:08 AM
DarkEpyon   Let's see... I take my last final before winter br...   Dec 5 2007, 08:24 AM
Vitamin D   Haha I was thinking of doing this too AC, gg. Anyw...   Dec 5 2007, 06:16 PM
DarkEpyon   Good luck getting your hands on a Wii because thos...   Dec 5 2007, 06:34 PM
Ellianna   Moved out of fl back in January to TN, went to wor...   Dec 12 2007, 07:59 AM
Henge   Recently dealt with a complete system restore on m...   Dec 12 2007, 07:58 PM
Riel   I'm still alive hehe,taking it easy,enjoying my ea...   Dec 24 2007, 02:09 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:47 PM