IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Oh my god, Was Cmode always this much of a bitch?
Ether
post Jun 8 2003, 02:17 AM
Post #1

+4 HP

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 41

I think my FOmarl is cursed :( Despite my not being new to c-mode (8 dc sranks, 4 gc) I am going insane simply trying to get her through the 9 stages. Here are my horror stories so far...

C1: This one was a few months ago, before I went on a couple month pso break, so I dont remember it at all

C2: This one was a doozy. After having a really hard time finding a game, I finally got one (dont remember the team) and we beat it pretty easily. 35 minute time. I left the game for the lobby, fsod. Well crap, there goes that time. I come back online, find another c2 game, join it, and fsod again. Awesome! Amazing I didnt corrupt all 4 of my characters, I'm guessing the fsod was nicely timed between the two saves, because I did lose all my unequipped items.

C3: A few days later, I found another C2 game, and it was pretty painless, 30 minute time. Pulled out the cord to save, went back and saw the HUcaseal from the previous game had made a C3 one, I joined, we were going along great, and I lag out in the middle. Later that night I found another game and beat it, 30 minute time.

C4: The horror. The horror. I see a game with a japanese HUmar, so I join. Half an hour later, a JP RAmar joins. Fine enough, we're pretty desperate at this point. Then a JP RAcaseal joins. Now think about this. Two rangers and a force, on possibly the most important stage to have hunters on, because they're the only ones that can do good damage to De Rol.
We start anyways. I soon find another thing that helped, both the rangers dont know the map. This stage could've been a ton worse, but I found resta 3 pretty early and just stayed back to heal, and shoot at stuff with a handgun. The real fun was in the last area before De Rol. You know that Y shaped room, 2 people go left, 2 go right? Well for some reason, the HUmar and RAmar got there first, HUmar went left, then opened the path for the RAmar and they both went on. A few seconds later me and the RAcaseal get there, I open the left path for the RAcaseal.
And she keeps running, right past the switch to let me into the right path. So now I'm trying to say stuff in the word select to get her or the HUmar to come back, but theres nothing really good in there.
I am in a critical situation! > Everybody
About 5 minutes later when all 3 are about to go to the last room, they realize I'm gone and the HUmar comes to get me.
Then we got to fight De Rol. Now explain this to me, if no ones died before the boss, WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DROPPING SCAPES. *breathe* Two ended up on the raft, for what reason i dont know. The fight took forever, since we had 2 damn rangers and all. De Rol finally died after the fourth jump on the raft, after killing the rangers 3 times combined. Total time: 57 minutes *gag*

C5: Was easy. Played it with the HUmar from the game before, and a HUcast and HUcaseal. Pretty easy, 28 minute time

C6: The one that made me go "I dont deserve shitty teams like this" and decided to post my bitching here for all of you to see :3 The team, in join order...
HUnewearl
FOmarl (me)
HUcast. Now at this point the team still looks ok
FOnewearl. Oh crap. Two forces = BAD IDEA. Not to mention that the english player without a keyboard is possibly the most annoying player on earth. Not because they dont have a keyboard, but because it gives them a reason to set shortcuts like "lol =)" and "lmao" and use them every other second. Pretty early on, we're getting beat up horribly, the HUnewearl is lagging, the HUcast sucks and likes to take garanz head on, and the FOnewearl has died twice. Then she finds a resta 3 disk, and uses it. This reeeeeeeeally pisses me off, even though I dont say anything. I mean, we're already stuck with 2 forces, I'm already having to conserve my TP like mad because of her, her simple techs are already doing 30 more damage than mine (70 to 100) and NOW SHE'S GIVING HERSELF HEALING DUTY TOO? At this point I'm pretty much dead weight. And of course, she hardly ever uses resta, even though the HUnewearl stopped healing after she got it, probably cuz she was out of mates. This leads to my accidentally dying twice, since I was ya know, injured and standing right next to her. You know someones a bad force if you have to say "resta" while everyone is low on hp, and have her say "gather" while there are still enemies in the room. This was in a small room too, and we were easily all close enough for her too heal. But I guess some people dont know what the cursors around other players are. Towards the end, the HUcast decided to start going for item rooms we missed, leading to 2 forces running head first into rooms, while he got items (nothing good of course) and the HUnewearl lagged 10 seconds behind us. I'm tired of typing, so yadda yadda we got to vol opt, i gave the FOnewearl 3 difluids and begged her to use resta as much as she could, she did, we actually won. Total time 58 minutes. If another force joins my game in C7, I may just murder them.

My total time right now is about 3 hours and 55 minutes. I dont think I should be allowed to do this badly and still make S-Rank easily

PS: This is my longest post on any forum ever. Heres a cookie for reading it ^_^/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Jun 8 2003, 03:15 AM
Post #2

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

I feel sorry for you...I really do. I thought that some of the "english" teams that I joined were bad...talk about 3RA and 1FO (me). Clear time took sooooo long on some stages it was not believeble...then I have the Hus and RAs following me after the boxes...even after I quoted "north," "go north." They did not listen and instead of clearing the rooms faster they are there picking up the dang items with me...I was about to shoot 'em...if my FOnewearl could use a SHOT...hehe.

Anyways, my total run time with all that bad luck was 6:55:06. Cutting it a little too close for me...speaking that Kesh had a total run time of a little over 6 hours.

Well, good luck on that s-rank. Sounds like you will need it.

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Ether
post Jun 8 2003, 03:19 AM
Post #3

+4 HP

QUOTE (Sheik @ Jun 8 2003, 04:15 AM)
3RA and 1FO (me)

Oh my god, what stage was that on? That takes the cake compared my my stuff XD

+Quote Post
OzzaJW
post Jun 8 2003, 04:31 AM
Post #4

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 24

Ether, at least you got your C-Mode game in. i've beensearching for a C7 game for 4 weeks now, and not seen a single one that didn't have a force in it, so thats liek 3 C7's over 4 weeks (hanging in alcyone 6 for about an hour at a time)........... at least you got a game.....

--------------------
user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 8 2003, 06:02 AM
Post #5

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Wow what an incredible run of bad luck. I don't know what to say. I've got the C-Mode urge again and it's all I've been doing the past few days. I've had a couple shitty teams and an fsod, but my problems pale in comparison. You should hook up with us sometime, things usually run smoothly, but I can't speak for the fsod element of course.

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Jun 8 2003, 08:00 AM
Post #6

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Wow, Ether... that is a lot of bad luck. Seems like things only got worse since the last time we talked about it. beigedead.gif

My friendly advice to you is: less Alcyone:06, more Altair:05. =D Less crowded = less chance of FSOD. AT people know the maps well and have a wide variety of characters to bring for Cmode. AT people speak english. beigelaugh.gif

Seriously, it's not hard to talk most of the folks here into doing C-mode... especially Dive and Bryn. ;) Next time you're in the mood to do C-mode, mail us first. =)

See ya online!

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jun 8 2003, 08:51 AM
Post #7

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

*Takes getting S-rank with good c-mode players for granted*

Wow... just wow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oneida
post Jun 8 2003, 10:45 AM
Post #8

Returned from the early days of AT

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 39

You know, I was always scared of C-Mode...

I've always been daunted by everyone being experts at it and all, so I've never really done it except for a couple of times back on Dreamcast...

But I really want to earn my S-Rank Twin!

--------------------
Current GC Characters:

Amiens lvl. 51 FOmar
Zefira Wolfe lvl. 8 RAmarl
Oneida lvl. 5 HUnewearl

DC Characters:

Oneida lvl. 175 FOmarl
Layla lvl. 81 HUnewearl
Falstaff lvl. 62 RAmar

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 8 2003, 11:13 AM
Post #9

There's no need to be scared of C-Mode. I know it's a bit stressfull when you are not familiar with the stage and are afraid of messing it up for the team. Personally I don't mind redoing the stage if someone dies. I just enjoy it for the thrill. After playing a lot of C-Mode the regular game feels like "Free Play" with nothing at stake.

Don't worry about being an expert at the stage or knowing the map from start to finish when you join a team with me or Bryn. One of us, if not both, are always one of the Hunters, so just stick close and follow.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jun 8 2003, 12:27 PM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

I remember the first time I got into c-mode I used my FO and didn't know the maps that well. But I still tried and eventually got S-rank but just barely. My completion time was 6:59 @_@. But then right after I got my S-rank wep I fsoded in another game after I had just got it and lost the wep.

Im pretty tolerante when it comes to c-mode and, alawys happy to help new people to c-mode. I would also have to concur with dives statement, in that I find c-mode more exciting then regular play. Not only that but it seems like I have a better chance of finding a rare enemy in c-mode then regular play. I recall one time finding an AL rappy in C1. They are kinda hard to kill when your level 1. <.< .

If you ever see me dont hesitate to ask me for some c-mode. I have a racast c9 now and a hucast c8 now.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Jun 8 2003, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

While I am by no means an expert, c-mode is my favorite aspect of PSO. I think its the classic arcade style type of play that is the appeal for me. Limited lives, first objective clear stage, second objective better time. S-Ranks are just kind of a bonus prize beigebigrazz.gif That being said there are some frustrating issues, as your post demonstrates.

The lovely element of fsod and lag-out were definately not as big of an issue on the DC version. Players do not bleed out into adjoining lobbies as they did on DC, so during peak c-mode times its not unusual to see 200+ people packed into Alcyone 6, which is probably a big contributing factor. However, I've run into these same problems in teams in completely vacant lobbies, so I guess just chalk it up to another glitch.

C4 & C6 both can be really frustrating if the team is too weak. It might sound harsh, but if I'm waiting in a team and a second ranger or force join the team I generally say something to the effect of: "2 RA.... :(" Generally an english speaking player will whine a bit, but just explain the situation and they will leave (occasionally cursing you out, but oh well beigeroll.gif) .

Never underestimate the value of choice search. Players have this on for a reason. Once I have a team of 3, I begin mailing players with choice search on in Alcyone 6. I target JP players (from experience there is a better chance of getting a decent player) of the desired class. I use proper english (no goofy slang), usually along the lines of: "Could you possibly help with C8? ^ ^", and almost without fail, get good results.

Don't be discouraged by a run of bad luck, good teams are still out there. beigesmile.gif And definately if you see Dive or myself around, we're usually up for any stage at anytime.

+Quote Post
Ether
post Jun 8 2003, 08:26 PM
Post #12

+4 HP

QUOTE (Bryn @ Jun 8 2003, 02:19 PM)
The lovely element of fsod and lag-out were definately not as big of an issue on the DC version

Actually for me lag-out happened far more often on dreamcast than it does on gamecube. My isp seems to love the cube for some reason, I connect the first dial up all the time and hardly ever lag.

On dreamcast lagging out was my biggest cmode worry, one time I lagged out in the middle of C4, in that big barrier maze thing, and everyone else was on the other half of it and became stuck and had to d/c beigelaugh.gif

More cmode horror stories later ^^

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jun 8 2003, 09:10 PM
Post #13

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

The less skilled your Cmode team, the less fun Comde is. As for the FSODing right after finishing a game, enter the game in an empty lobby. That way when you teleport out of a cmode game the empty lobby will result in less loading, so the GC ram won't overload.

GC Challenge mode is so much easier then DC c-mode, but a bad team still equates to a terrible run.

+Quote Post
Ether
post Jun 8 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #14

+4 HP

QUOTE (HC82 @ Jun 8 2003, 10:10 PM)
The less skilled your Cmode team, the less fun Comde is

Crazy as it sounds, I'm not so sure about that. The terrible ones are the memorable ones that make the best stories beigelaugh.gif

Tonight I finally finished C7-C9! Yay!

Thank you Dive, Bryn, Sheik, and AC9break for helping out! Yay!

My total time was 5'53"41, and I got my BURNING TWIN +40! Yay!

My Shifta is now lvl 15, right after Alisha gave me a lvl 29 disk a few days ago! *twitch*

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 9 2003, 12:15 AM
Post #15

It was fun Ether, I picked SLAYER SLICER for my weapon.

I hope this breaks your cmode curse. I think I may have a higher level shifta disk for you.

trophy.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:04 PM