Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

video-games.. ^.-, memorable moments..
DivA
post Jul 11 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

curious ~ throughout your entire video-game playing history (as far back as you can remember.. ^.-) - what is your most favored, memorable moment?

~for myself - it would have to be...during the days of Atari 400 & one stress-bender of a game called, Gyruss.. >.< i could honestly state for the record that out of all attempts at playing that game, i made it to Earth once, once.. that was a war as i recall, & the world stood still - it was your's truly vs. the machine; i was determined on that day, perhaps it was high tide, perhaps the planets aligned.. whatever the case, i succeeded on that day.. afterwards, i couldn't do it since.. =. lol, that moment was pinnacle - of course, there are other such moments, but this one is key.. beigesmile.gif

HA - in your face, Gyruss! ;p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mute
post Jul 15 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

I've been thinking about this topic now for days, and I've found it very hard to narrow it down to just one moment. I'm not so sure I've had any accomplishments that can live up to DivA's Gyruss encounter, but I have had my share of blissful moments. Here are a few that have come to my mind that I felt were worth pointing out. ;-)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - I had this one before the ol' Game Boy Color was even a thought. I was totally stoked when I defeated the last boss and saw the Wind Fish.

Resident Evil: CODE Veronica - Going through and essentially beating this game with minimal walkthru assistance was invigorating. Watching the storyline unfold was quite memorable as well. Now I just gotta work on getting higher ranks in Battle mode. ^.~

The Blue Marlin - I used to play this zany saltwater fishing game on my NES for hours. I liked it so much, that I actually bought it twice (I lent my original one to a friend, only to have him lose it >_<, me <3 eBay). Anyhow, I'll never forget this monster sized marlin I caught and the battle that ensued. Took me a while to reel the sucker in, but once I measured him, my jaw dropped. I don't remember the exact amount, but I do know that I haven't even come close to catching another one like it.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Beating the game for the first time. Man world 8 was tough! >_< I'll never forget the Bowser battle.

Final Fantasy II - Palom and Porom sacrificing themselves to save you. This nearly pulled a tear from my eye. beigebiggrin.gif I grew strangely attached to the different characters in this game. Unfortunately, I stopped my Final Fantasy'ing at this title, so I never had a chance to play 3 or some of the more recent ones.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:47 PM