The Apocalypse Tribe Linkshell
DivA
post May 31 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #16

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Ether @ May 31 2004, 01:12 AM)
Good job, you've taken a shell that for the majority, was used as a buddy list to keep track of friends they originally met on PSO, and once again decided to impose your leadership bullshit onto it.  While I used to think that you and Woe were good guys, your urge to govern over a mostly unwilling group is insane.  People from VoodooMoose, GamingCow, and other sites did not join this shell to be ruled by AT, they joined to be able to chat with their friends.  You'd think with the number of people who have already been dissatisfied and left, you'd have gotten the hint by now, but I guess not.  Goodbye

peace & blessings, Ether...emotions can be charged in times like these, but it was becoming apparent that there had to be resolution to the growing conflicts of interest..

thus, thoughts were spoken..
options were presented..
decisions were approved & executed..

however, do not feel personally attacked ~ from the looks of it, ~athq's decision seems really far from the case; so whatever path you choose, may peace guide your way.. at-emote1.gif

that's my .02$ on the issue, now i'll return back to PsO where it's safe.. ;p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriell
post May 31 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Giga Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 112

This will probably create a lot of silly drama, and honestly I'm not really sure what this will do since a majority of the same people will be on the linkshell. It's just a name and a color.
I liked "ApocalypseCow" because people thought it was a somewhat clever play on words for Apocalypse Now.
However, I'll support any decision you guys make! Please let me have one next time you see me :D

--------------------
<CENTER>BlakWolf - Gabriell <BR>Level 46 WAR / 22 MNK / 20 PAL / 19 THF / 15 SAM</CENTER>

+Quote Post
Henge
post Jun 1 2004, 03:07 AM
Post #18

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

this goes alot deeper than just name and color.

for those of you who haven't noticed, ATHQ has been splitting at the seems lately, and this is just one facet of our plan to get things back on track around here.

sure alot of the same faces will be in the AT LS. the diference is that this linkshell represents ATHQ, and our community on FFXI. ApocalypseCow had its good times, but from the begining our grand scheem for this huge multi-site community was to much of an undertaking, and as time has proven, pleasing everyone is nigh impossible.

AT needs to stand on its own for a while, and take care of AT

does this mean non-AT members of AC aren't welcome in our shell? not at all. but be aware that AT has always strived for a certain level of quality in our gaming experiences, thus said, unaceptable behavior will not slide like it often did in AC.

Bryn laid it down oh so eliquently:
I for one, never would have thought that situations would arise where the linkshell environment would need rules of some sort, but it has become blatently apparent over some time that it does. This is not an attempt to rule, but a means to ensure that all members of a community that we are a part of will treat eachother with the basic respect and common courtesy that they are entitled to. Thats it, pretty simple.

does this mean we are forcing anyone into this? not at all, if any of you decide this isn't for you, I and ATHQ wish you nothing but the best of luck in your FFXI endevors.

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 1 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #19

Soul Frame

Member No.: 137

*ponders*

Mayhaps this is why when I was on Sunday for quite a while, there were like NO LS members on...maybe 3? I was surprised to see it that quiet...

Red is prettier...I like it! ;)

*thus ends Nynaeve's indepth editorial on this subject*

I appreciate the work you guys put into this...thank you for having me as part of it.

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 1 2004, 11:29 AM
Post #20

Soul Frame

QUOTE (Woe @ Jun 1 2004, 03:07 AM)

does this mean non-AT members of AC aren't welcome in our shell? not at all. but be aware that AT has always strived for a certain level of quality in our gaming experiences, thus said, unaceptable behavior will not slide like it often did in AC.

OK, I know this is going to sound completely idiotic, but someone please clarify for me... "AT members" are NOT simply members of this community here, right?

Does that mean that if a "non AT" member asked for help on something, and an "AT member" did as well, the AT member takes precendence over the non, based on the comment above? And if so, why open the LS to non members in the first place? I ask because if I read that right, it definitely closes ranks and makes non members feel ousted...not as important...I didn't read this page before I responded, and that one comment made me go "Whoa, maybe I should just be quiet..."

In any case, one more comment and I'll shut up...the second paragraph notes "unacceptable behavior" - perhaps that needs to be qualified and quantified, to help people avoid it? Commenting that there are rules, without setting down anything more detailed, doesn't work - I learned that the hard way at VoodooMoose. Just wanted to say that, in hopes you could avoid the issues that came up for us.

Hang in there. Looks like you're on the right track.

+Quote Post
Henge
post Jun 1 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #21

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Nynaeve @ Jun 1 2004, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (Woe @ Jun 1 2004, 03:07 AM)

OK, I know this is going to sound completely idiotic, but someone please clarify for me... "AT members" are NOT simply members of this community here, right?

Does that mean that if a "non AT" member asked for help on something, and an "AT member" did as well, the AT member takes precendence over the non, based on the comment above? And if so, why open the LS to non members in the first place? I ask because if I read that right, it definitely closes ranks and makes non members feel ousted...not as important...I didn't read this page before I responded, and that one comment made me go "Whoa, maybe I should just be quiet..."

In any case, one more comment and I'll shut up...the second paragraph notes "unacceptable behavior" - perhaps that needs to be qualified and quantified, to help people avoid it? Commenting that there are rules, without setting down anything more detailed, doesn't work - I learned that the hard way at VoodooMoose. Just wanted to say that, in hopes you could avoid the issues that came up for us.

Hang in there. Looks like you're on the right track.

1) what i should have said is "ATHQ needs to take care of ATHQ". the AT LS represents all of us here at ATHQ, not just the the guild structure.

2) AT the guild is where our roots lie, it's what started everything around here. you are correct nyn, being an AT guild member is seperate from simply joining the community. i like to think of guild status as a reward for those who go above and beyond to positively contribute to the ATHQ community.

3) unacceptable behavior - you are right "unwriten rules" simply won't due, this is what we went for in AC, and we all saw how often that damn "unacceptable behavior" reared its ugly head ^^ so... here are some basic rules I think would fit the bill.

1> respect everyone's oppinion, the people of ATHQ come from all diferent walks of life, and not everyone is going to see eye-to-eye ALL the time, if you feel the need to confront somone about something, work it out with that person mono-a-mono... bickering and fighting should not be happening in the ATHQ /l channel.

2> answer requests for help, thus in turn when you need help, you will recieve it.
growing as a whole is what its all about. at the same time don't abuse everyone's generosity by asking for help with every minor thing.

3> the most important rule of all....HAVE FUN!!

now nyn, when can i get you a pearl? ^^ send me a /tell ingame whenever.

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 1 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #22

Soul Frame

Thank you for the clarification, Woe, that helps alot...both in terms of the AT guild, and the rules. I think they are beyond crystal clear, and also very easy to follow...

I'm not sure when I'll be online - probably Thursday at the earliest, as my daughter has to play in a strings concert tonight and tomorrow night (Tonight she's the guest Bassist for another school who does not have a strings bass player). I'll wave hello when I see you on next time! Thanks! beigesmile.gif

+Quote Post
Omar
post Jun 1 2004, 02:47 PM
Post #23

Soul Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 108

ok i just have a quick question.. do i just /tell dive or woe? or are there other sack holders because i know a lot of the time woe is like in a far a way place.. and i dont even know what dives character name is...lol.... so i mean is there anyone else i could send a tell to and get a pearl?

im usually at crawlers nest and i dont want to inconvenience anyone...

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Jun 1 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #24

Local 804

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Omar @ Jun 1 2004, 03:47 PM)
ok i just have a quick question.. do i just /tell dive or woe? or are there other sack holders because i know a lot of the time woe is like in a far a way place.. and i dont even know what dives character name is...lol.... so i mean is there anyone else i could send a tell to and get a pearl?

im usually at crawlers nest and i dont want to inconvenience anyone...

As of now I think Dive and Woe are the only sack holders. Dives character is Dirge.

If you guys need help giving out the pearls just up me to a sack and I'll help since I can get around easy with the teleport spells.

+Quote Post
Bri-N
post Jun 1 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #25

Armor

Member No.: 40

I'd like an AT linkpearl, but I haven't seen any of the AT members yet. I'm usually running around West Ronfaure or in San Doria under the name Viviana(Mithra)

+Quote Post
Ikari
post Jun 2 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #26

Giga Frame

Member No.: 117

This is what happens when I go offline for a few days.... beigebigrazz.gif

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. I have no problem with the name change (though it should have been changed to "Kitsume is your goddess and you'd do well to bow before her now, or die at her feet").

Anyway, when the switch takes place shoot me over a pearl if that's cool. I actually haven't been on too much, but I will be on tonight.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Jun 4 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #27

Local 804

Member No.: 66

Hopefuly I'll have both PC's up and running in time. ; ;

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:12 AM