IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Who Still Plays, Dammit!, No really, who?
Vitamin D
post Oct 19 2004, 01:17 AM
Post #1

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Yeah I actually logged on to PSO for the first time in a long time, and searched my cards...all of them. And no one showed up. Now I gotta know, does anyone play at all or should I just give up on PSO? If anyone wants to bust up some boomas, hit me up. It's lonely in the world of PSO. cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Oct 19 2004, 01:24 AM
Post #2

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

As messed up as it is. No one does play any more. I still play it every now and then. But not as consistantly as I use to, if your lucky you may see me sometime. But I doubt you will stick along long enough to see that. =/

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Oct 19 2004, 06:45 AM
Post #3

Guests

Yeah the only one that I know on here that plays anymore is PSObssesor so don't get your hopes up =/ I've taken a break to play some Monster Hunter and you should too =p

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Oct 19 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #4

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

I'm on Blue Burst if you want to play beigeroll.gif
Your best bet right now is Monster Hunter or even Diablo.
You can catch me on Monster Hunter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Oct 19 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #5

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Well my brother told me Monster Hunter was cool, and the Tribe seems to be diggin it...so Monster Hunter it is. Well it's been fun PSO...see ya when PSU comes a long. toast.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 19 2004, 09:56 PM
Post #6

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

hey D, just because many of the folks no longer play as often doesn't necessarily mean it's time to throw in the towel; if you still enjoy the experience, then the best solution lies in seeking out other dedicated souls still addicted to PsO..

*sigh* the end of an era, i suppose.. beigeroll.gif but i'm patiently waiting for the upcoming DS version of PsO - a portable version is more than enough to begin anew.. ;)

at least until PsU arrives, of course.. ;o

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 19 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #7

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

um... DivA... A DS version of PSO?
What ? I have not heard of this?
Are you just putting it out there to the universe so that if enough minds wish it, it'll come true?

My dream DS game is totally Animal Crossing. I can't wait!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Oct 20 2004, 12:42 AM
Post #8

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

QUOTE (DivA @ Oct 19 2004, 09:56 PM)
hey D, just because many of the folks no longer play as often doesn't necessarily mean it's time to throw in the towel; if you still enjoy the experience, then the best solution lies in seeking out other dedicated souls still addicted to PsO..

Yeah I hear ya, but it wasn't just that people I know weren't playing PSO, it was more like hardly anyone was playing at all (I think there was like 60 people playing >_>). Since I hate playing with strangers, it was a done deal. It's not that I'm totally putting up the game for good, I just won't play nearly as often.

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 20 2004, 05:32 AM
Post #9

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 19 2004, 10:06 PM)
um... DivA... A DS version of PSO?
What ? I have not heard of this?
Are you just putting it out there to the universe so that if enough minds wish it, it'll come true?

if that were true, then i might have more influence over the cosmos than originally thought.. beigesmile.gif
read this : Phantasy Star Online DS

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 20 2004, 08:20 AM
Post #10

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Yeah, after I read and then posted that, I went on a PSO DS hunt. I found a few mentions of it. Nothing substantial, but enough for me to start putting my pennies in a jar.
The most intriguing aspect of what I read was the fact that Sega is putting in a voice chat feature. Now, why would Sega stick in a voice chat feature when the person you are playing multi-player with is only a few feet away (playing over the Wi-Fi network)? Hrm... seems to me that the voice chat would be for something more like internet play. Maybe??? MAYBE>>>????!!!!! OMG, that would rock. That would possibly mean getting in some PSO time at all hours of the day.

Hey Donkey, how is the BB community going? Hopefully people haven't destroyed it yet. Have those new areas and monsters been released? I am thinking about that giant hole in the ground level in particular. That looked pretty cool. Also, do you get the impression that they are going to keep making new areas/monsters/weapons/etc. on a regular basis? Seems like they could/would since all you have to do is simply download a patch that integrates seemlessly with your game, rather than the console versions that read off a disc instead of a hard drive. But, if that were the case, then the Xbox version could/would/should already have new stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Oct 20 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #11

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 20 2004, 09:20 AM)
Hey Donkey, how is the BB community going? Hopefully people haven't destroyed it yet. Have those new areas and monsters been released? I am thinking about that giant hole in the ground level in particular. That looked pretty cool. Also, do you get the impression that they are going to keep making new areas/monsters/weapons/etc. on a regular basis? Seems like they could/would since all you have to do is simply download a patch that integrates seemlessly with your game, rather than the console versions that read off a disc instead of a hard drive. But, if that were the case, then the Xbox version could/would/should already have new stuff!

As far as the English speaking community goes, it's pretty steady. There were like 20-30 of us when they released Challenge mode. As always, there's a few thousand Japanese players in the peak hours.

From what I've gathered, they're going to release the new episode at the end of the month (along with some tweaks... like windowed mode! I think they already released a patch for this but I have no idea how to set it.).
I'm not sure if they're gonna keep adding new content but they already hinted that there's going to be least 150+ new stuff.

And D, if you're on Monster Hunter make sure you let me know hehe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Oct 21 2004, 06:37 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 20 2004, 08:20 AM)
Yeah, after I read and then posted that, I went on a PSO DS hunt. I found a few mentions of it. Nothing substantial, but enough for me to start putting my pennies in a jar.
The most intriguing aspect of what I read was the fact that Sega is putting in a voice chat feature. Now, why would Sega stick in a voice chat feature when the person you are playing multi-player with is only a few feet away (playing over the Wi-Fi network)? Hrm... seems to me that the voice chat would be for something more like internet play. Maybe??? MAYBE>>>????!!!!! OMG, that would rock. That would possibly mean getting in some PSO time at all hours of the day.

Well its gotta be internet play because why would they do that plus why would they have Picto Chat for DS? It just wouldnt make sense to have someone not that far away with a chat thing. Also if PSO DS is portable its definately mine...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:26 PM