Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 30 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #33

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I didn't seem to have any probs with the choppers beigelaugh.gif I can't wait to throw down again tonight. We gotta man up on the turf-war and co-op modes! buttrock.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 30 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #34

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Naba is a beast on Mafya mode. Also cops and crooks is awesome, I've noticed that when playing one for all mode, you gotta split up cause if crooks maage to get just one person to the getaway vehicle, they win.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Apr 30 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #35

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

Can't wait for another round of this shit! :D

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post May 3 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #36

well, 32 hours of gameplay later, I beat it. The last missions is crazy, assuming it's no different on the choices you make. (?) A bit of advice, save achievement gains for when you beat the game, having wasted so much time on the mini-games trying to get achievements (Fucking bowling.) I missed that stupid "Beat the game in under thirty hours" achievement, haha. Oh well, It's a nice excuse to go back and make some new choices!

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 4 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #37

Noice man. Out of curiosity what was your completion % when you beat the game?

I remember in SA i was about 45% completion when i first beat it, and VC I was around 55%.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post May 4 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #38

this one was about 60-65ish I think?

Spoilers kind of, but not really at all.

I don't think you need to do every mission along the way though. Like the Bernie and Assassins missions? I think those can probably wait until after, and since the assassin has so many damn missions, I really reccomend waiting to complete his until afterwards, or you'll waste a lot of time.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 5 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #39

GGs on the ranked matches tonight. Gotta get them level ups, grinding Bustas for mad exp.

We need to do some more, still haven't tried Turf War yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post May 5 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #40

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Yeah sorry I bailed last night had a wicked headache and the last time I played with you guys I was an hour late for work haha. I'll be down tonight though if it's on again. guns.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 5 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #41

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(Vitamin D @ May 5 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Yeah sorry I bailed last night had a wicked headache and the last time I played with you guys I was an hour late for work haha. I'll be down tonight though if it's on again. guns.gif

Yeah you missed out. We had the most kickass getaway ever in cops and crooks. We needed to get the boss (I forgot who it was) to the getaway vehicle (which was a boat). I forgot who was with me but we got to the boat before our boss did. Not sure if this was planned, but I was told to drive the boat up to where the boss was at. The boss along with crush I think was in a car up ahead.

So... we were in the boat driving up and we see them... and they drive the car OUT INTO THE WATER. I didn't see them jump out but I did see the car go past us. They swim to the boat and we were able to get away.

I need to record some of our games haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 5 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #42

Yeah, that car chase was EPIC. It was like out of a damn movie or something beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 8 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #43

Multiplayer ProTips courtesy of Kotaku and Rockastar:

Basics
• To access multiplayer in-game:
1) Press Up on the directional pad to access your mobile phone
2) Toggle to Multiplayer and press ( for PS3 or for Xbox 360) to accept
3) Choose from Player Match, Ranked, or Party Mode
4) Select from one of 14 multiplayer games and press ( for PS3 or for Xbox 360) to enter the multiplayer lobby
• The lobby is the meeting point for all players before starting a multiplayer game. Here you can see a list of who is playing and change your mode and character model options.
• To invite friends to multiplayer, you use your in-game mobile phone to look them up and then call them. (For Xbox 360 users, you can also select and invite friends via Xbox LIVE.)

Game Mode Descriptions
• Player Match – Results here do not count towards your GTA IV multiplayer ranking. There are separate leader boards for these modes. With Custom Matches, players can host matches where they can reserve spots for friends. Players can be invited into games in progress.
• Ranked – In ranked games, the more player cash a player wins, the higher their rank increases. After gaining a rank, the player unlocks more clothing options for their character. Players cannot invite friends into ranked games.
• Party Mode (2-8 players) - Players can invite their friends to a party mode by using the in-game mobile phone. (For Xbox 360 users, you can also select and invite friends via Xbox LIVE.) The players spawn in a “party area”. After the host, or “party leader”, selects a game mode, all players in the party will join that game mode. In team modes, the party will play against another party. In competitive modes, the game will be played as normal – but only players in the party will be involved, with other people allowed to join the mode until all slots have been taken.

Lobby Information
• The lobby system will only proceed if the host AND at least half of the players in the lobby are readied up. If you want to wait for more players stay un-readied in protest.
• Half of the lobby will need to manually boot a person in order to kick them from the game. In the lobby, you will be able to tell how many people have voted by the flashing icons next to their name. You can also choose to boot people in-game using the phonebook in your mobile phone.
• If you do not want any strangers to join your team then you and your friends should enter games via party mode. This mode restricts teams to only people that are in your party. Party mode will also only allow you to play with other parties of similar sizes.
• All players can invite their friends to join them. This can be done in the lobby or in the middle of games by using their mobile phone. The only exception to this is in Party Mode or in Xbox LIVE Ranked Matches.
• Custom match allows you to reserve private spots for your friends. You can also use this to ensure that you are the host of the match by selecting private slots to be > 0.

Settings
• Auto-aim is an awesome feature that is often misunderstood. It is intended to speed up the game by focusing aiming to a smaller area. It WILL NOT level the playing field. Turning this off will slow the pace of the game down and make melee combat, drive-bys, and sniper action more effective.
• If you are new to GTA multiplayer requesting that the location setting be restricted to the smaller areas (Prison, Docks, Charge Island, Colony Island, Airport, and Bohan) is the best way to go. The larger areas can be very overwhelming for new players.
• Blip settings are another great feature players can use to tailor their GTA online experience. Changing these from All to Leader, Near, or Far is almost like increasing the difficulty setting - we advise using a time limit over a point limit when using the latter two.
• We advise using the proximity voice chat setting to combat against players attempting to dominate the in-game chat with their loud family members, TVs, and music. If you need to talk trash to someone across the map with this on you can simply call them up on your in-game mobile phone.

Tips and Highlights
• All of the non-Cooperative game modes are money based. Only a team or a player can win. The one with the most money will always be the winner. In time limit games, the winner will be the one with the most money when the timer expires. In point limit games, the winner will be the one who reaches/surpasses the point limit first.
• There are 10 levels of achievement. Achievements allow you to unlock more options for clothing and characters.
• Taunts – players can press (L1 for PS3 or LB for Xbox 360) to perform a context sensitive taunt directed at the other players.
• You can talk to your friends on headsets during the modes. You can even have a one to one conversation with a friend by calling him/her through your in-game mobile phone.
• In Player Match mode, you can vote on what the next game will be using the in-game mobile phone.
• Players can set waypoints for other teammates in vehicles.
• A player’s gamertag will disappear whenever that player crouches or uses cover.

I didn't know about the cell phone calling/inviting other players, cool feature!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 13 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #44

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

So since a few of us have already beat the game what do you guys think? I was personally very impressed. But I wanna hear from you guys first before I go much more in depth?

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 13 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #45

I liked the story a lot. It was the first GTA where you actually got a feel for the depth of the characters, their motivations, etc. In the previous games you were just an amoral thug. I read a lot of bitching about the car chases in the game, but I thought they were great. I think the peopel complaining are just noobs that can't figure out the finer points of driving.

I got the ending where Kate dies. When it happened I was like "oh shiiiiit". I knew something bad was going to go down at the wedding, but I didn't expect that. It was a good catalyst for the ending of the game though, since Niko's revenge on Darko was pretty unfulfilling.

Gameplay-wise I like the changes to the side-job missions, like the taxi and vigilante missions. Sucks that they don't have the fire and ambulance missions anymore though. The whole relationship focused aspect of the game is fun, but it can be a hassle when you are trying to do missions and you have 4 people asking you to hang out. The perks you get for building up the relationships are nice though.

The multiplayer is fun as hell, I think that aspect along will give the game a lot of legs, and downloadable expansions will just fuel the fire later this year.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:29 PM