IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
PSO Episode 3 Trial Impressions, got it today. :)
DarkEpyon
post Aug 13 2003, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Now, what kind of friend would I be if I had this game and didn't tell you guys anything about it? Not a very good one to say the least...

The scenery in this game is nothing short of spectacular. The game mechanics take a bit of getting used to, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I ran into a couple english-speakers who helped show me the ropes, and so far I'm still lv1 with 50/100 to lv2. Each level is 100pts a piece, and you can lose exp when/if you lose matches. No, I haven't seen any 300s yet. Highest I've seen was like 46. I saw Ah King on, but he was in a full game. I ran into a guy who was taking pics for a UK gaming magazine called NGC (or was it GCN?) and we played a team game against a team of COM adversaries. We ended up losing, no thanks to this FOnl on the COM team who was low on health, then she busted out a Motav, which took all the damage meant for her. You can do damage to weapons, and once they run out of HP, they break. All in all, it's a fun game, and I'm definitely looking forward to the final game.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Aug 13 2003, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Hmm, me thinks I will like this game. But there is that pesky FFXI coming soon...

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 13 2003, 07:51 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Knightsword @ Aug 13 2003, 08:46 PM)
Hmm, me thinks I will like this game. But there is that pesky FFXI coming soon...

By the time FF11 comes out here, I will have been completely engulfed by what I like to call RL Cmode, aka school.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 13 2003, 08:33 PM
Post #4

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

*nods* interesting premise.. though, i have to see this one in motion to visualize the game better.. ^.- questions (okay, perhaps stupid ones.. ;p) ~ how does this game work? do you create a custom character, or transfer one's character data from PsO episode I & II? =.

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Aug 14 2003, 12:08 PM
Post #5

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

It sounds cool. I entered the raffle for the free epIII trial at PSOW(hey, may as well use my account for something) so if the planets align and somehow I'm the lucky name chosen, I will be joining you guys on the trial. I think I've navigated through the JP menus on EP 1&2 when doing my shortcuts enough to know what mose of it means. Man, I'm gona be a busy guy come next year,, FFXI, PSO EP3 and school, that's a real juggling act,

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
Mute
post Aug 14 2003, 03:55 PM
Post #6

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Sounds kinda funky. I like the exp points idea so far. Does the level play into effect for anything like the use of certain cards or something? Anyhow, all the screens I've seen of the areas look pretty nice. I'm still a bit skeptical on the whole card battling ideal, but since it's PSO (like I've said before ;p) I'll probably pick it up. Oh, is there an offline mode?

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 15 2003, 07:32 AM
Post #7

Yeah, but your online and offline levels are separate.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 15 2003, 07:42 PM
Post #8

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

I have had no pso urge at all the past month or so. The last time I was on was the meeting beigebigeek.gif

This report from DE has stirred my interest. I have been hoping to find some time this weekend to get online at least for a few hours to catch up anyone who is still playing.

All this talk of Episode 3 has made me want to import it when the time comes. evilking.gif

+Quote Post
HC82
post Aug 16 2003, 03:21 AM
Post #9

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

Hows the strategy aspect of the game? Kinda like Shining Force melded into a card game, within the world of PSO. I am curious of the games longevity, that is if it is deep enough to provide many hours(100s) of gameplay.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 16 2003, 10:47 AM
Post #10

Well, the teams can't exceed 4 members, just like before. There are 5 phases in each turn; dice, (what pretty much determines how many weapons/monsters you can equip/summon as well as your attacks). Set, which is the part where equip weapons/shields or summon your monsters. Move is pretty much self-explanatory. Action is just that. Draw is where you draw your cards for the next turn. All in all I thought it was very well executed so far.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 16 2003, 04:53 PM
Post #11

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Good to hear positive impressions. I'm so hyped for this game...why can't it come out sooner? cry2.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:55 PM