IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Casshern is Japanese for badass!, holy holy awesome crap!
unitself
post Mar 18 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

For real.
OMG Awesome.

http://www.apple.co.jp/quicktime/trailers/...hern_large.html

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 18 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

Holy crap! It looks high budgeted too! I just hope it doesn't turn out like the live action Guyver. Heh
From the looks of it, it looks like it'll be a good film.

--d-_-b

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 19 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

LoL yea that Guyver live version was ass, he was a total wimp.

But yea this one takes the cake. I like that little guitar they had playing. This movie has such an anime feel to it. Reminds me of Akira meets Gasaraki meets Jin-Roh meets FinalFantasy7. I hope they bring this stateside looks great.

I didnt know that quicktime had a japanease site. I love going there. *Hasent been there in a while*

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Omar
post Mar 19 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #4

Soul Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 108

his outfit/armor kicks so much ass...

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 19 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Um shouldn't this have been posted in the Entertainment section beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 20 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #6

System Id

Member No.: 45

Holy crap..when can I import this? Ahhhh!!

Cyberpunk... weeee! ^^

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 27 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #7

green and square

Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Knightsword @ Mar 19 2004, 08:16 PM)
Um shouldn't this have been posted in the Entertainment section beigebiggrin.gif

Good ole Knightsword...
Always there with something valuable to add.

Anyways...
Doesn't this look totally bad ass? !!
Come one people. You can't deny the total bad assness of this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 27 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #8

Mistress of Red Magic

QUOTE (unitself @ Mar 27 2004, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (Knightsword @ Mar 19 2004, 08:16 PM)

Good ole Knightsword...
Always there with something valuable to add.

Anyways...
Doesn't this look totally bad ass? !!
Come one people. You can't deny the total bad assness of this.

Bad ass doesn't even begin to cover it

Edit-
Check out the Steamboy and Appleseed trailers

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jun 28 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #9

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Sorry to bump an old topic but I just seen this movie and its awesome!
...as far as presentation goes. Really nice CG. They even added a bit of anime flavor into the movie like speed lines and umm that slashing tracer effect thingie (something like the light sabers in Star Wars 'cept with actual swords)

The one I seen wasn't subbed so I didn't know what was going on.
There weren't as many action scenes as I expected but they're good nonetheless. If you thought that scene in the Matrix where Neo fights a bunch of Agent Smiths were cool, then you'll enjoy Casshern's version of it. Its short but you can't deny that its so awesome (I won't give anything away.. other than the fact he destroys a bunch of robots)!

This movie definately has that neo-industrial atmosphere to it like Final Fantasy VII as AC9 mentioned. Not only that, the music... well let's just say its awesome too!
I didn't completely understood the ending, but it was pretty sad though.

Someone really needs to translate this movie and subtitle the bastard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jun 28 2004, 06:40 AM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Actually, I've been wanting to hear more on this movie. I have a picture of it set up as my desktop. beigesmile.gif Hmm Im assumeing you dowloaded this off the net or something? My brother goes to this cool as hell little comic shop where he buys a lot of Jp films like "The Returner" and "Natural City". I just recently saw "Shaolin Soccer" beigelaugh.gif Funny stuff. Hopefully when this movie goes to DvD it should be heading over to that store too.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jun 5 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #11

Soul Hunter

Really old topic bumped to life.

I just saw this movie on DvD yesterday with subtitles, this movie was almost everything I expected it to be and more. Every shot and scene in this movie is like a renissance painting brought to life. It truly is great eye candy.

My synopsis of the movie- Possible spoilers---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ninja2.gif

The story was interesting. The main theme is sort of like alot of eastern beliefs and religon in that, it talks about lifestyle and how we choose to live on this world. Mainly being only through co-existance can we achieve peace and harmony in this world. Reminded me of an Albert Einstein quote, "Peace can not be achieved through fighting, it can only be achieved through understanding." It reminded me alot of the main theme of the movie "Hero" that was produced by Quinten Tarintino and starred Jet Li

I found certain elements of the story abit wierd and some things hard to understand but a brief synopsis of the story for those interested in the movie is this. In a world much different from ours, an entire world is under the control of a single empire. Unfortunaetly, 50 years of chemical and nuclear warfare has taken it toll and ravaged the planet. Mutations and advanced forms of diseases run rampant on a battle weary population. One scientist (driven by the goal to cure his wife's illness) has made a breakthrough discovery that could possibly cure all disease, through manipulation of a certain genome cells wich causes cell regeneration and healing.

But the ministry of medicine entrenched in their positon of power feel threaten by this finding and reject his discovery however, he is picked up by the ministry of defense and is given a lab to pursue his studies. One year passes since the fateful day the proffesor was picked up by the ministry of defense. His wife has now lost all vision and he just recives news of his son's death fighting off small insurgants in battle. As if things could get worse, an amazing phenominon occurs in the labratory causesing strange mutants from the pools of chemicals being developed. The birth of the neo-sapians.

I thought it was a well done movie and it seemed to have a lot of symbolism. The action scene where he takes on a bunch of robots was freaking awesome. My favorite scenes in particular are of the main characters flashbacks of battle. The only thing I could not understand where some strange lightning bolts tha appeared out of no where in keypoints of the movie that seem top be the catalyst for certain events of the movie, but it didn't detract enough for me to think the movie was bad. But I would recommend this movie to anyone here, it truly has a deep messege and is portrayed as a work of art.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 6 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Pretty badass movie, If you noticed the helmet shown in some scenes, it is a throwback to the original anime series.

user posted image

user posted image

Too bad his dog wasn't featured. beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jun 6 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #13

Soul Hunter

lol wow this was based off an anime? I never would have thought/known. luna.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jun 7 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #14

Mistress of Red Magic

QUOTE (Dive @ Jun 6 2005, 05:04 PM)

Too bad his dog wasn't featured. beigebiggrin.gif

The doctor from the village, who's son is one of the neo-sapians, dog was named after it. also when I hear neo-sapains, I think of this--> user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:12 AM