Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Crushinator
post Apr 17 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Jiggubonza, oh hot damn, I just got back from seeing Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Excellent conclusion to the excellent first film, Kill Bill 2 goes in a slightly different direction than its precursor. Rather than balls-out action revenge action, we get more of a love revenge action story, of how the Bride and Bill ended up where they were at the start of the first film -- and it couldn't have been played out better. This movie is almost the peaceful yin to KB1's raging yang, but don't think there isn't a lot of cool swordplay and kung-fu-ery. It's just paced differently, although the sequel (approriately) sticks to the "chapter/flashback" format of the first part.

Kick-ass girl performance by Uma yet again, and David Carradine (yah thats right KUNG FU Carradine) is great as Bill. My favorite supporting character in this one was Daryl Hannah's "Elle"...ah, she was just so cool and heartless.

The RZA and Robert Rodriguez' soundtrack was beyond excellent, the combination of Latin, Japanese, and 70's funk is perfectly attuned to the film's style and action. Nothing is forced, and there's no "hot single" to sell with it....just a damn good set of original music to underscore a kickass movie.

If you haven't seen KB1, go pick up/rent the DVD (out this week GO BUY IT!) and then hit the theater and watch the sequel...although the sequel can stand on its own, it is in essence one movie, and deserves to be seen that way.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Apr 17 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

Yeah, I thought it was good because it wasn't just about blood and violence(there were still some kickass parts, and one part in particular that Crush may know what I'm talking about got me). Anyway, If you liked part 1 and want to see the conclusion, go see it. Not as much blood as the first one but still good.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 17 2004, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

As usual, good movie reviews.

I still have yet to see the first one. When Kill Bill volume one comes out, I intend to see it.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Apr 17 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #4

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (HC82 @ Apr 17 2004, 05:18 PM)
As usual, good movie reviews.

I still have yet to see the first one. When Kill Bill volume one comes out, I intend to see it.

Vol. 1 came out Tuesday man, go get it. beigebiggrin.gif

I really enjoyed Volume 2. The story element to the series is heavier in Volume 2, but that doesn't take away from the action. Also, this movie has a lot more comedy mixed in. The 2 movies combined make Kill Bill a classic. If you haven't seen either, go see them. toast.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
psobsesser
post Apr 22 2004, 08:44 AM
Post #5

Free lancer

Group: Associates
Member No.: 135

QUOTE (Azrael @ Apr 17 2004, 11:33 AM)
...one part in particular that Crush may know what I'm talking about got me...

beigelaugh.gif Oh, man! I saw this moive Saturday, and I thought it was pretty good. And I also think I know what part you're talking about as well. Let's just say, does it involve an eye? If it does, that was so wrong! If it's not, well then I've just made no sense at all.
I hadn't seen the first movie, but I had my friends fill me in beforehand. All in all, it was cool. buttrock.gif

--------------------

PSO...still alive and kicking

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Apr 22 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #6

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (HC82 @ Apr 17 2004, 03:18 PM)
I still have yet to see the first one.

Join the croud...although I think I will borrow it from a friend to watch it. She has Vol1. I heard a lot about it but never saw it before...besides, it would be a break from homework at school!
at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Apr 22 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Busy In Hell

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (psobsesser @ Apr 22 2004, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Azrael @ Apr 17 2004, 11:33 AM)
...one part in particular that Crush may know what I'm talking about got me...

beigelaugh.gif Oh, man! I saw this moive Saturday, and I thought it was pretty good. And I also think I know what part you're talking about as well. Let's just say, does it involve an eye? If it does, that was so wrong! If it's not, well then I've just made no sense at all.
I hadn't seen the first movie, but I had my friends fill me in beforehand. All in all, it was cool. buttrock.gif

Yeah, I totally wasn't expecting it, but it was well-deserved after the news that just happened and it was kind of ironic too.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:05 PM