Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Signature Image, entry in a contest
post Apr 15 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

This is a piece I did for a sig contest on another forum. The rules were it had to be 470x200 and it had to contain your name somewhere on it. I just wanted to share it with AT.

user posted image
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Apr 15 2003, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 24

that sig's why i came here lol. i also post at PoL,but for my own reasons i will stop visiting there soon, so i thought i'd catch ya here dive. i personally, (please don't flame me, i'm not trying to get off on a bad foot) think that sig you did looked rushed, because the colours clashed, and there was reflection in it, which as a designer (well...in the making) you should never use symmettrical backgrounds as they enclose the focal point. What did draw my attention however, was the sig you are using, whihc i thought was bloody superb!!! so i thought i'd come here because you play PSO, as i do, and you seem to be quite the arty place too.

Also, as a fellow artist/designer,Dive, would you say that in an art contest, proportions of a picture should be restricted to a fixed size, rather than a range? I've been expressing art at school for a while now (i'm 15, but we do lots of arts at my school) and i always find that proprtion and dimensions give a piece of work that brilliant touch to it, and i feel having that freedom removed denies you of your own talent. just curious if yoiu agree.

By the way, i really do like the sig, is that photography in the background yours, or form somewhere else, or not photography at all? please tell me as i just find that signature is very deep, and that makes it hard for me, as usually i can just see a sig, and see exaclty what they've done, but with yours my mind is a blank.

for the 470X200 one you contributed, i can just pick pretty much exactly how you made it, but the otehr one frustrates me because it's not just photoshop trickery, but actual artistic flair involved....

user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2018 - 02:37 PM