IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hurricane CHarley, yes, it was a week ago, but...
DarkEpyon
post Aug 22 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

As to where I've been the past few days, I've been offline as a result of Hurricane Charley, which also hit us in central Florida. Initially it was going to hit Tampa, but it took a turn for the worst. We got off fairly easy (as did my girlfriend in Orlando), but that thing left so many homeless. All we lost was the power, and all 6 of our solar panels (to heat the pool), and the yard was littered with debris. Things are beginning to regain some semblance of normalcy over here, but the places hardest hit will be upside-down for quite some time. There are power and various other crews from 17 states down here working diligently to restore things to normal. We were only without power for about 4 days. In my cousin's town, the looting was so bad that there had to be national guardsmen armed with machine guns inside and outside every store. My internet connection is back, but it's hella slow. Better than nothing though.

edit: Didn't realize Elli beat me to it.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Aug 22 2004, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Local 804

Group: Associates
Member No.: 66

Good to have you back, DE

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 23 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #3

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Glad to have you back DE, I'm happy to hear that the hurricane only affected you and your family minimally.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:52 AM