Reply to this topicStart new topic
Star Ocean:TTEOT
Alisha
post Sep 13 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Monk Princess

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 11

anyone else playing this ive been playing it since it released and am about halfway through my second playthrough my 1st playthough i messed up a lot and couldnt beat Lenneth

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Sep 13 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Local 804

Group: Associates
Member No.: 66

No, what's the game about?

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 13 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Naba got this game, it looks super shitty. It's like a poor man's Xenosaga... And we all know how Xenosaga turns out.

Naba loves shitty Japanese RPGS and even he can't stand it.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 13 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I pwned this game yesterday, but classes kept me from pwning it earlier. It's one of those rpgs that focuses on a kick-ass battle system. It's completely action based and it can be fairly strategical(unless you wanna mash). It's story telling elements are similar to Xenosaga, but the combat is fully action based(and not as boring).

The game is about a boy named Fayt(Fate in the JPN version). He's an earthling from the distant future(think star trek distant). He's on a planet that seems to be revolved around being a vaction resort. Shit goes bad as the planet is attacked by these giant starships. You get stranded on an underdeveloped planet and the game progresses from there and you actually visit a few planets over the course of the game. 4D space, god-like creatures, and the mystery behind why the main character is so important to certain people is your meat and potatos of the story.

The story is well... I can't really spoil anything, but the major plot twist is kinda like something conceived by a pot-headed sci-fi computer nerd with a taste for philosophy. The story flows well and I have no issues with it(except for the plot twist toward the end). In general, it's not bad at all if your both a sci-fi and oldschool fantasy buff. It blurs both those concepts together into one story, but doesn't back up the scientific end as logically as Xenosaga does. Pretty much, the story builds and builds into something very interesting as you progress, but the plot twists near the end is the deciding factor to whether or not you'll like the story as a whole. I try to look at the story as a whole and thus, the story is enjoyable for at least one play through. After that, it's all about gameplay.

Once again, this game is about the kick-ass battle system and becoming uber. One of the "most fun" action battle systems for an RPG.

It gets increasingly more difficult as you progress further in the game(enemies KO you with ease if your not prepared, likewise you can lock em with ease). If you don't start messing around with alchemy and synth early on, I seriously don't think you can beat the game without needless power leveling. I made it to the last boss without any stat-ups synthed on my weapons and I got owned^2. I went back, spent some time recruiting inventors and making uber stuff and the boss became quite the pansy. It took a long while and it seems that you have to invent and synth in order to beat the game.

You can't really create and synth the best stuff intill late in the game, but, this is a tri-ace game. So, there are secrets to becoming super uber early on if you understand the item creation in and out. Making second rate ultimate weapons can be done pretty early on and it's mandatory for beating the higher difficulty settings(where enemies KO you in one hit).

More or less, if you are finding the game to be difficult toward the end, power leveling might not always be the key(but it helps, as always). I can't stress how important item creation is for the late game.

Anywho, I give this game two Haxed labis cannons up! If your not into JPN styled rpgs, your obviously not going to groove on the game at all. All the characters are modeled in typical anime fashion.

It your one of those "I hate long story line rpgs with boring battles" this game focuses heavily on an action battle system. All the cut sequences are skippable and you can remove voice acting.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Sep 13 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #5

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

I got the game a couple days ago and I just got to the town that lets you start to invent...I don't understand it at all. cry2.gif It was pretty straight forward in SO: The Second Story. I'll get it eventually though. The battle system is even more fun than it was before, and there's more depth to it now too. There's also a lot to do (like battle trophy collecting), so I'll be on this game for a long time. Good stuff.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 14 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Vitamin D @ Sep 13 2004, 11:48 PM)
I got the game a couple days ago and I just got to the town that lets you start to invent...I don't understand it at all.  cry2.gif It was pretty straight forward in SO: The Second Story.

They did a poor job explaining how it works. The characters faces determine if you made an item or not. If they are sad, you failed, if they are happy, you made an item. The cost determines the item you make. Every item has a base cost to make, so you have to mash the button intill you get the price you want. Quality determines the chance of making that item and you can make multiple copies of the item if you let the line continue to work(if the quality bar reaches 0, you get nothing at all, so stop before then).

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Sep 14 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #7

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

Well, i bought it, but between work, and working my magic on lish when i get the chance, i still need to finish the side quests and such in ToS, then i'll go to SO ;)

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Sep 14 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #8

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I must say I'm really enjoying this game. I'm on disc 2 right now.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Sep 15 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

orichalum pwnz j00
attack + 500
survive on fury 50%
specify plan that shit

btw dyne do you have any freakin clue how to get a 500 hit combo....
the most ive gotten is 125+

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Sep 15 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #10

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Alisha @ Sep 15 2004, 06:49 PM)
orichalum pwnz j00
attack + 500
survive on fury 50%
specify plan that shit

Yeah, you can make some insane weapons with that. Stick a shell sapphire in there, and you can take care of a lot of enemies by freezing them.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 15 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Alisha @ Sep 15 2004, 04:49 PM)
orichalum pwnz j00
attack + 500
survive on fury 50%
specify plan that shit

I know theres a video clip going around somewhere. Some guy got an insane hit combo in the 1k range. My problem is that I kill the enemies too damn fast and the cpu is kinda lame at times. Some enemies can be petrified and you can wail on them as you please. Certain enemies also have elemental resistances. Just make weapons with elements they absorb(ie. fire monsters), so you can't kill them. Petrify them and wail away. I dunno if 0 damage counts as a hit, but the below method works. You can make a super bottle to petrify them.

The rank 1 opponents at the "Ranking battle" Gemity battle arena has you fight Crystal Dragon and a Dragoon. Kill off the crystal dragon first. They both have insane HP, but the Dragoon can be froze/petrified etc.. I remember freeze killing it very easily with the Victory Trophey on, so petrifying works just as well. Once the mofo is petrified, use Ciff/Mirage for their Fists of Fury. If you have Nel, she has some good multi-hitters(her whirlwind at level 10 can get 50 hits). Albel has some really really really good multi-hitters that you yourself can self-cheese over and over. Maria's Gravity bullet is good, too. Make sure who ever you control, you just let loose a combo right after your cpus aren't doing anything and just time time it right so you begin after they stop. With the enemy petrified, it's a breeze. Albel is probably the best one to control.

You only need a combo of 300 for all the combo battle trophies. 500 is for Chain battles(winning 500 consecutive battles with the Heat gauge filled)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:41 PM