Reply to this topicStart new topic
Yesterday marked a tragic moment in comedy
Dorian
post Oct 6 2004, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Local 804

Group: Associates
Member No.: 66

One of the greatest comedians in history, Rodney Dangerfeild, died yesterday at the age of 82.

I didn't hear the news till today (Astrid woke me up in the middle of the night, but I don't remember that). I was at work and it was anounced over the radio. I took a 5 min. break to have a cigarette and shed a few tears in his memory.

The news on his death.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Oct 6 2004, 07:37 PM
Post #2

Hyper Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 67

I know. :/ I was pretty choked up, myself, when I found out, and I usually couldn't care less about the deaths of celebrities.

Upon walking by the TV last night, I heard something akin to "Rodney Dangerfield died earlier today," and I couldn't believe it -- I thought I misheard something. So I started looking for information on google, and nothing came up about his death. Then I began to ask Dive and my friend, Robin, if either of them have heard something of the matter. Dive gave me a link to a CNN article that confirmed the event, and a melancholy aftermath set in. They'd better honor him on Comedy Central by showing a marathon of his stand-up and movies.

It's funny. Just earlier that day, a friend and I were discussing how amusing it'd be if he was cast as the Blob, just to find out he died that very day. It's almost ironic. He was one of my absolute favorite comedians and actors, and I'll always remember him with a chuckle, which is exactly how a comic genius like him would have preferred it, I would imagine. Here's to his memory living on. toast.gif

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Oct 6 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I still find it hard to believe it happned. . it really got to me yesterday, it hurt so bad, I been a fan of his for years

Can't stop these kind of things though. .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Oct 7 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #4

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Man, I always loved Rodney Dangerfield's comedy as well. It's a real shame he is gone now.

No respect, no respect.

user posted image

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 7 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #5

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Sad to see the man go, but he's probably hanging with Bob Hope right now.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
hamstar
post Oct 8 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #6

Local Ham product

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 119

I shall take some time to watch caddie shack during my week off. Twas my favorite of his movies.

--------------------
IPB Image
Hamtaru FFXI (retired)
75 rng 65 nin 37 war 34 bst 26 rdm 18 whm 16 blm 12 mnk
91 Woodworking 60 alchemy 60 bonecraft 60 goldsmithing 40 smithing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:58 PM