Post #3

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

lol! Sadly I have to admit I'm number 10. =(

*Races off in his dads 1995 civic DX* beigebiggrin.gif

PS: lol this is some funny as Harnk. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kari
post Nov 14 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #4

c σ м р ℓ є т є !

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 106

*Totally put AT in the dictionary a long time ago!*

--------------------
IPB Image
ℓєt γσυя sнσят ℓєgs cαяяү үσυ αωαү ωίtн үσυr тєℓєscσрє єүєs, мєtαl тєєтн.
ί cαn'т bє sєєn ωiтh үσυ

Kari - Newman Force - level 36

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Nov 14 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #5

Guests

Try typing in "Apocalypse-Tribe" and looking at the fifth word down...wtfzorz...

+Quote Post
Henge
post Nov 14 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #6

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Ferra @ Nov 14 2004, 11:04 AM)
*Totally put AT in the dictionary a long time ago!*

PWN

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Nov 14 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Let's see where I fit in on this...

1. Has an unhealthy obsession with shallow, saccharine and intellectually insulting animation shows (also refered to as anime by the nerd elite) originally tailored for young Japanese children

Not guilty. I like my anime, but by no means am I obsessed with it.

2. Operates under the erroneous belief that every aspect of American culture is vastly inferior to that of Japan’s – even though 99.9% of Wapanese have never had firsthand experience of any sort with their preferred culture (in other words, they’ve never set so much as one foot upon the island(s) of Japan)

There are things they do better than we do, and vice versa, so not guilty.

3. Halfheartedly studies Japanese language and/or is a part-time practitioner of martial arts

Never took martial arts, but I did study Japanese in the latter half of elementary school living in Okinawa. I forgot all of it till a few years ago.

4. Has a sword (samurai swords only, of course) collection

Kinda wish I did, as those things are cool.

5. Is a Virgin

Guilty. However this is completely of my own free will.

6. May be afflicted with a terminal case of yellow fever; however, they constantly fail in their quest for Japanese pootytang

No.

7. Extreme cases may traipse around whilst wearing a “costume” that makes them resemble their favorite anime characters (this practice is reffered to as cosplay; cross-dressing and raging homosexuality is not an uncommon component of cosplay.

Never done the cosplay thing before, but it sounds fun. Of course I wouldn't waste time dressing as one of the opposite sex, like that picture of one guy I saw a few years back dressed as Sailor Moon.

So yes. *raises hand* AT has one of the so-called "Wapanese" amongst them, but I'm not as fanatical as many other people out there on the net.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Nov 14 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

Those are fantastic, and eerily accurate descriptions of some people I've had annoying, and borderline amusing experiences with. I especially like the reference to J-Pop, and how its fans generally dislike American pop, yet it's the same fucking thing :D Pure gold. I guess obsessed Wapanese must be the new wave, replacing the trendy emo-pop-punkers, huh?

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Sieranis
post Nov 16 2004, 07:09 AM
Post #9

Foolish Hopeful

Group: Associates
Member No.: 83

Hmm...This is a touchy subject I'd think. True that there are people like that, and although hanging around someone like that tends to put others at an uneasy state, it's easy to forget they are human. Heck, I probably fit in several catagories, and to be slandered as such...well that's just unfair in my opinion. Now it's completely different if that person is a jack@ss about their infatuation with the japanese culture, and put down others who do not have japanese racial backgrounds, even when they themselves don't. It's definitely not fun to be labeled, it's just the same to be ridiculed for one's sexual orientation, or racial background. Then again I'm really extending the matter of the subject, aren't I? beigelaugh.gif

Simply put, let things be as they may. Unless they're troubling others, hurting them in any way, just let it be. Don't judge people like that, others may even have a label for you, and their friends are just as likely to start ridiculing you. Heh, well that's just my spin on the subject. beigebigrazz.gif

*Awaits the reckoning* hangsmiley.gif

--------------------

"I come and go as the winds...shine and fade like the sun...but like the earth beneath us...I will remain here...if only in the shadows..."
Pictures in my sig are credited to the artist Nairohe a Deviant artist

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Nov 16 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #10

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Sieranis @ Nov 16 2004, 07:09 AM)
Hmm...This is a touchy subject I'd think. True that there are people like that, and although hanging around someone like that tends to put others at an uneasy state, it's easy to forget they are human. Heck, I probably fit in several catagories, and to be slandered as such...well that's just unfair in my opinion. Now it's completely different if that person is a jack@ss about their infatuation with the japanese culture, and put down others who do not have japanese racial backgrounds, even when they themselves don't. It's definitely not fun to be labeled, it's just the same to be ridiculed for one's sexual orientation, or racial background. Then again I'm really extending the matter of the subject, aren't I?  beigelaugh.gif

Simply put, let things be as they may. Unless they're troubling others, hurting them in any way, just let it be. Don't judge people like that, others may even have a label for you, and their friends are just as likely to start ridiculing you. Heh, well that's just my spin on the subject.  beigebigrazz.gif

*Awaits the reckoning* hangsmiley.gif

I don't personally see how this can be related to ridiculing someone for their gender or racial background since they're both qualities someone has absolutely no control over, as opposed to completely allowing oneself to get devoured in a subculture out of a search for compensation. But, since we're on the subject of ridicule, and just to be fair, I'm a comic book geek. Enjoy: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy&r=f

A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

The aforementioned link is an extreme case of one of my hobbies, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I hold one of those qualities, or have at times in my life. Besides, the intention of the post was fun, not hurt feelings, I'm sure.

If approached correctly, any subject can become touchy or sensitive. No one is judging, really. If you think we're being unfair, then you have every right to poke fun at me for being an avid comic fan, as I simply will not care.

And no one ever said anything was wrong with being interested in anime or Japanese culture. It's the people who think they speak Japanese better than someone from Japan (when the opposite happens to be the case) and use their "knowledge" of said culture to elevate themselves above others than get on my nerves, personally, as I've had a few bad run-ins with the type.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Sieranis
post Nov 17 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #11

Foolish Hopeful

Group: Associates
Member No.: 83

Hmm, in regards to that...I was merely stating my view on the subject, if you saw it as an attack on you, or anyone else on the forums...I apologize, but if you read my post, you should see that I was not implying that any of you accused others as such. Perhaps my view is somehow skewed by my personal experience, but I don't see why you had to defend yourself. As I before mentioned, I was not attacking anyone on the forum, nor was I judging anyone. I also apologize if it ruined the mood of the post, but I felt I should post my feelings on the topic. On a lighter note, I have met people like that who were in fact jack@sses, and they were an annoyance just as they had mentioned. Heck, if I could I'd slap them for being such a poseur! beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

"I come and go as the winds...shine and fade like the sun...but like the earth beneath us...I will remain here...if only in the shadows..."
Pictures in my sig are credited to the artist Nairohe a Deviant artist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:40 PM