Reply to this topicStart new topic
Game Console Skins
Dive
post Jan 27 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

PC and Console modding has gotten pretty popular lately, but who can afford to die cut their pc case with neat designs and airbrushed masterpieces? Same for your consoles, anyone remember modding Gamecubes to play Import PSO? We just don't have the time to rip apart our systems and trick them out like the pros. That's where Game Console Skins comes into play. They offer vinyl decals to give your Xbox/PS2/Cube/DS/GBA a professionally modded look.

user posted image

I wanted to give this a try and ordered an Xbox decal set, and replacement jewel. I have not had a chance to apply the decals yet, but the quality was great. They also give you the option to have a custom design printed for you. How cool would an Apocalypse Tribe PS2 skin be? You can download a blank template and design it, then send it back and they will ship you the custom decal. Skins are priced fairly inexpensive at around $16 for a complete decal set. They also offer Controller skins and jewels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 28 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

That looks kinda cool. Was it easy to apply without a lot of bubbles under the stickers? I'd think applying stickers to your controller would make it too slippery to get a decent grip though X(

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jan 28 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #3

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Drag. I ws hoping that you had put your new decals on so you could tell me how easy it was and cool it looks. Putting on the decals to the console sounds like it wouldn't be all that hard to get it to come out right. They say to dampen your console with soapy water first and then put on the sticker. That way you can get out the air bubbles and position it correctly first. Then let the whole thing dry for a few hours and BAM! new look! It was replacing the jewel to the console and / or controller that sounded kinda iffy to me. I just wonder how long their new adhesive will last.

Although the link is dead right now (1-28 9:20am cst) this company makes some really cool looking decals. I am especially interested in the GBA-SP ones. beigesmile.gif

Dive! Get in there and stick on that decal!!! Then take some photos and let us all see. OH! Better yet, take photos of you actually doing it so we can look at the process.
Oh... and "pose" for the camera while you do it too.
Thx.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Riel
post Jan 28 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Guardian Armor

Member No.: 14

That looks pretty cool...i might try that once the XBox 2 is out on my current XBox...just in case hehe

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jan 28 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Dive @ Jan 27 2005, 08:51 PM)
PC and Console modding has gotten pretty popular lately, but who can afford to die cut their pc case with neat designs and airbrushed masterpieces?  Same for your consoles, anyone remember modding Gamecubes to play Import PSO? 

Those are some phat designs. As for modding gamecubes, for those that don't know, I bought mine that way. Kind of a waste now that I think of it, since I don't import very many GC games.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jan 29 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #6

green and square

Member No.: 49

Oh, D.E.!
Don't you actually speak / read some japanese?
There is this import game store near me. Every now and then, I go browse just to check out the weirdness of those games. There are several I'd buy if I had any idea about how to play them.
The Dreamcast had some very cool import games... at least the cover art looks cool.
beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jan 29 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I know enough to get me around menus and what-have-you.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Jan 30 2005, 04:41 AM
Post #8

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Jan 29 2005, 10:20 AM)
I know enough to get me around menus and what-have-you.

Most of the newer games, like FFXI, use a LOT of english in them. English is just cool to have in a game like FFXI^^

Many of you know that I play the JP client for FFXI. I enjoy that more as I can also type JP to talk with people...although some place names translate strange into English, which is why that translator feature is kinda nice at times.

I will switch to the English client to view the storyline/cutscenes in the missions because the dialoge can get pretty complex...even in English!

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:50 AM