Reply to this topicStart new topic
PSP 1st Impressions
Wiryu
post Mar 24 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #1

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

I just picked one up along with metal gear acid and dark stalkers, so far the system is very sleak and even more impressive in terms of visuals. Watched a few minutes of spiderman 2, runs well. I would reccomend nyone getting one not to rely on the soft case provided and get something more concrete though. Anyone else get one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 24 2005, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

the psp is advancement in digital media, & after close inspection of both hardware & software - i was left in awe...it's too impressive for words; in addition, i like the os-interface - sleek, dymanic & simple.. ^^.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 24 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #3

I just picked up untol legeneds because MGA left me in question, but untold legends is fucking awesome so far.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 24 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Deus-Ex MachinA

indeed, i'm typing these words while my little bro is playing the game beside me; it's along the lines of everquest - return to arms, very similar in execution, but with subtle differences & enhancements.. i like the look - it's all about the war-axe.. ;)

*turns to see more of untold legends* at-emote1.gif

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 24 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #5

sort of like champions, but i put it more along the gauntlet lines, and its really all about Alchemist-sword/shield ;D

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 24 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Guests

I won't be getting mine til a week from Saturday but I'm very excited about it. I watched a few trailers of Untold Legends and I was impressed so I will probably get that and get Wipeout too. PsP has already owned DS as far as launch games. Kinda sad when they have have more launch games than DS has had in 4 months. I also had seen the commercial earlier this morning for it where the guy is walking and turns into a few game characters. Can't wait to get my hands on it. spinning.gif

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 24 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #7

Deus-Ex MachinA

yup, over at my side of reality, there were unpresidented amounts of folks that traded-in their DS's in exchange for the psp & with good reason; i'm not certain that both can even be compared on similar ground..

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 24 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #8

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I don't know. Neither DS or PSP has sparked my interest. I'm waiting for an abosuletly must have game I guess. I'm just curious what the battery life is on the PSP compared to the DS. I heard the PSP battery life aint all that great. Also, at Best Buy we are selling service plans for the PSP because the screen can easly be cracked from use.

Personally I don't care about playing music and movies on my handheld gaming machine. And for DS, give me a real reason to use voice chat, touch screen, and pico chat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 24 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #9

Battery life -

PSP - Games = 6 hours Movies = 5 1/2 hours
DS - 10 hours

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 25 2005, 05:49 AM
Post #10

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

A couple of friends had complained that there were dead pixels on their screens. As for me and the PSP, it never really caught my interest.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 25 2005, 06:20 AM
Post #11

Deus-Ex MachinA

batteries can be upgraded, so i'm not worried about that, & the fact that they're tiny is welcomed ~ less weight...it's the multimedia aspect that i find so compelling, however - i like how i have complete command of dvd-quality films at my fingertips, anywhere.. thus far, i see no pixel issues to speak of ~ but i will comment on the memory stick that's bundled with the psp...the one included is better replaced with a stick that holds more memory; otherwise, fitting mp3's (in addition to saved games) can be a trying challenge..

just an observation, of course.. ^^

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 25 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #12

I found two dead pixel areas, but they're up in the top right corner and barely noticed anyways. Besides, since i got the warranty, considering i never need to use it, i'll swap it for a brand new on a week before it expires anyways ;)

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 25 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #13

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Sounds like what most people do with cars once their warranty is almost up.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 25 2005, 07:41 AM
Post #14

meh, i figure what the hell, i paid for it, may as well get some use out of it

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 25 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #15

green and square

Member No.: 49

Here are some questions for you who own one.
Does the PSP come with any software for your computer? Like an app. to transfer mp3's from your computer to the PSP (via USB), or is it done just by sticking in the memory stick into your computer and doing it that way? If there is an app. did it mention anywhere about it being MAC compatible?

I own a Sony Minidisk device and not only did Sony NOT make MAC software (to encode and transfer) but they also made it virtually impossible for a MAC programmer to simply write their own. So, I kind of have an issue with Sony. beigesmile.gif

PSP-
6 hours battery life, to me, is great. In fact, knowing that the screen is much bigger then the DS(s) and it is constantly spinning the drive... how they got 6 hours is a miracle.

DS-
I bet it took the Nintendo guys about a day to write the software for voice and picto chat. So, why not? It's a fun add-on that didn't cost them a thing. People eat that crap up, imo. Plus, thnk about when Nintendo gets their network running... How often fo people chat on AIM on their computers? Now you can use the DS to chat AND draw goofy pictures. Sounds like fun to me!

Zio's right. PSP came out with much better launch games that the DS did. Plus the DS games are REALLY slow in coming. I don't know what's going on over in Nintendo land... but they better start to crank out the DS games or they're going to lose their market share. And good games too... not the ages 6 - 12 year crap that they out have now. But with that said, I do dream about the upcoming Animal Crossing game.hahah.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:58 PM