Transformers Live Action Movie release date, 07-04-07
Dive
post Jul 14 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

transformerslive.com

The live-action "Transformers" movie has been set to open nationwide on 07-04-07, it was jointly announced today by DreamWorks Pictures, Hasbro, and Paramount Pictures.

The feature, based on the globally popular Transformers franchise, will be directed by Michael Bay (upcoming "The Island," "Armageddon") from a screenplay being written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (upcoming "The Island"). Steven Spielberg ("War of the Worlds") is executive producing the film, with Lorenzo di Bonaventura (upcoming "Four Brothers"), Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") and Don Murphy ("The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") serving as co-executive producers.

In making the announcement, DreamWorks head of distribution Jim Tharp stated, "Under the direction of Michael Bay, and with Steven Spielberg executive producing, we know that 'Transformers' is going to be the kind of explosive action movie that is perfect for the height of the summer movie season. By staking our claim on the 4th of July, 2007, we ensure that we not only have the time to make this movie the way it should be made, but also to build excitement and awareness leading up to its release."

"Fans around the world have wanted a Transformers live-action movie for a long time and we are thrilled to work with DreamWorks and Paramount to bring this legendary saga to life on the big screen," said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro's U.S. Toy segment. "With some of the entertainment industry's best talent on board for this film, fans will experience Transformers in a way that is incredibly powerful."

Lots of top names on the production team, looks to be great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 14 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

This will probably be horrible, but I gotta see live-action Soundwave and Optimus Prime, so I'll be there on day one.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 14 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

I'm both overjoyed and horrified all in one.

It will probably suck ass, but then again if the budget is high enough, it could really be something bananas.

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Jul 14 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #4

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

I’m having a really hard time picturing this. I really liked the old Transformers series in the 80's and the animated movie that followed, but have since lost touch with what is current - Megatron transforms into a tank instead of a gun now???

I’m thinking it will be Sky Captain style maybe? Up the human element, and make the rest totally CGI. You can’t have live action Transformers...that’s just crazy-talk, but whatever direction the film takes it should prove interesting.

I suppose the chance of Dinobots being in this is absolutely....nil. ; ;

+Quote Post
proj
post Jul 14 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Neckchopping Avatar of Angst

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 129

Expect a huge marketing push on this. They are going to be pushing toys, clothes, car mats.. you get the picture.

I think it's sad in a way that hollywood has resorted to mining each and every cherished childhood memory in order to capture "key demographics" instead of inventing new compelling stories.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jul 15 2005, 06:56 AM
Post #6

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

Lets address a few things, no matter how bad the movie is it can be as bad as some of the recent cartoon takes of transformers. The original cartoon, love it dearly, but frankly its not any better.

As for Megatron not being a gun, a few things the last gun megatron toy in the US was sold as the movie came out in 86, since then nil. Why you might ask? legally as he was issued in 1984, would not be able to happen today thanks to the government. Marketing what use will a kid have with a transformer that can only interact with half its functions, since its alt mode is an inanimate object. And so Megatron see the most change in form, save the new Cybertron version, vehicle based Megatrons have been associated with war machines i.e. tanks

As for the Dinobots not being in the movie, they would not make any sense to have them so up right at the beginning, they didn't in G1, so why start now. But it has been mention that anything is up for grabs in the possible sequels, including Unicron. In this movie on the other hand will start with the basics 5 or so on each side and reboot of the story.

<--- Is Transformers geek

This post has been edited by Knightsword: Jul 15 2005, 07:03 AM

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jul 15 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Check out the full size Optimus Prime at Comic-Con.

user posted image
Apparently, rabid fans have been stealing Prime's license plate beigelaugh.gif

More news from the movie, it has been confirmed that Soundwave will be a helicopter(?). I guess an 80's boombox wasn't cool enough, maybe he could have been an Ipod instead. beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 15 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #8

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I wonder if they'll have the old dude in the optimus costume.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 16 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #9

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

WHAT!!! No 80's Boombox!!! Well there goes any hope for a cameo of Sir Mix Alot.

Ah, crap... My reason for seeing the movie has seriously lessened.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jul 16 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #10

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Member No.: 35

If it's got Grimlock, I'm down. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 07:44 AM