Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sin City DVD, tomorrow
Dive
post Aug 15 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Just a reminder that the Sin Ciy DVD is being released tomorrow. If you haven't seen this yet I highly recommend renting this if not purchasing. This is by far the most exact translation of a comic book yet. The visual style of Frank Miller's pulp noir masterpiece is perfectly conveyed to the cinema format by Robert Rodriguez.

Sin City is being released with 5 different covers, one featuring the movie poster and these:

user posted image
I think we'll get Marv and Goldie.guns.gif

Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him. They woulda tossed him girls like Nancy back then
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Henge
post Aug 15 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #2

OpSec

Member No.: 2

still haven't seen this, but i was excited to when it was released to the boxoffice, never got around to it, you know how it goes. i love the pesudo abstract styling of sin city, and the movie, from whats on the trailers, appears to capture it flawlessly. gotta pick this up

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 15 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I already pre-ordered mine, should get it this weds or so. buttrock.gif

Kickass movie in the theaters, and I hope it has a lot of cool features for the DVD.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Riel
post Aug 15 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

Haven't seen it yet either...if the extras are nice i'll probably buy it,and get the cover with Alba on it ; spinning.gif

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
proj
post Aug 16 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #5

Neckchopping Avatar of Angst

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 129

Damn that was a good movie... Like really, really good.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 16 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Riel @ Aug 15 2005, 10:13 PM)
Haven't seen it yet either...if the extras are nice i'll probably buy it,and get the cover with Alba on it ; spinning.gif

Nothing extra on the DVD save a "behind the scenes featurette". I would say just rent for now, supposedly there is a super special version coming out sometime. I went ahead and picked up the Marv/Goldie cover version anyway.

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Aug 17 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #7

Solid Frame

Member No.: 125

rented it today just put it on woot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zorya
post Aug 17 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #8

Tears for Fears

Member No.: 13

I must be the only person here who thinks the movie is utter crap. I won't allow my husband to buy it because I will not allow such trash in my home.

--------------------
<center>IPB Image

<center>Red
<center>1981-2007

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Aug 17 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #9

Solid Frame

...to many boob scenes, ...and what's the guy in the begining and end got to do with anything...dont get it, and i'm usually decent at figuring movie plots out, glad we only rented it and didnt buy it. beigeroll.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 17 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #10

I guess it's more of a guy movie. beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Aug 18 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #11

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (Dive @ Aug 17 2005, 12:51 PM)
I guess it's more of a guy movie. beigelaugh.gif

haha, must be. I loved it. I hope the DVDs aren't sold out. I haven't had the time to go pick it up yet. Did they look pretty sold out when any of you guys picked up your copy?

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 18 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #12

Not really but I got it at WalMart, they had a huge display. There didn't seem to be as many Marv/Goldie covers as the rest though, if that means anything.

user posted image
"I don't know about you, but I'm havin' a ball."

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 18 2005, 04:01 PM
Post #13

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Man, I bought this dvd and just finished watching it and was blown away. This is balls to your chin type awesome. My favorite story was Hartigan's. Maan, this movie kicked ass on so many levels. I have ranked this movie better then Scarface as one of my favorite movies.(A pretty hard thing for me to do.) I'm looking foward to the special edition dvd with extras. I am a bit saddened this dvd didnt have any extras. But still a a great movie none the less.

Jack and Shelly Cover 4tw.
GG

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 18 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #14

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Ellianna @ Aug 17 2005, 11:58 AM)
...to many boob scenes, ...and what's the guy in the begining and end got to do with anything...dont get it, and i'm usually decent at figuring movie plots out, glad we only rented it and didnt buy it.  beigeroll.gif

That guy Josh Hartnett I think his name (the actor) from Black Hawk Down was a hit man. The movie was done in a 6 degress of Kevin bacon type of way, except it was all connected to Britney's Murphey's character. It started off with them killing Britney Murphey becuase Rosario Dawson's character was most likely upset at Clive Owen's character for sleeping with her. Thats also why their story was the middle of the movie to kinda show it as a vital link to the other stories but also to help give the movie a full circle effect by ending it with Jeff Hartnett killing the blue eyed prostitue who, snitched on everyone and "set them up the bomb" so to speak. It could be assumed that since she seemed to had avoided death, when the prostitues had the big gun shoot out in the alley way at the end of Clive Owens Story, that Rosario Dawson learned of her still being alive and ordered a hit on her.

Of course this is just my synopsis on the movie, I haven't read the comics and feel ashamed to not have read them after seeing this movie so I could quite possible be wrong.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Aug 18 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #15

Solid Frame

wasnt brittney murphy the bar maid, the girl in the apartment where the cop and his buddys show up and her b/f kills them all...she never got killed

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:44 AM