Reply to this topicStart new topic
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Wiryu
post Nov 8 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #1

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

So far not too bad. Nice visuals, cool characters, not far enough into the story telling thing to give you info on that. Part of me feels like i'm doing the pokemon thing, yes thats right, the pokemon thing. You have familiars that travel with you, and when you kill enemies, they drop evo crystals. The crystals (depending on which ones you get) change the monster into something different. I only have to as of now, but having fun with what the game has to offer so far.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Nov 9 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Yup its a great game I'm doing the review for Dreamstation.cc, I'm giving it a 8, due to some of the minor repetiveness of non boss monsters and the lack of multi level rooms as there were in Lament of Innocence, man whip jumping was cool.

Also the familiars or innocent Devils in Curse of Darkness have many abilities that you'll need to gain access to hidden areas. Some also are plain right cool such As Corpsey, a war type. Also the game features the leveling system from the gameboy and ds games.

As for how far I'm I made it to the first area of Castlevania itself, ya don't actually go there intill far into the game. The first area of the game a castle, said to be the one from Castlevania 3(NES), Also this game does take place a few years after said game. So Trevor Belmont does make many an appearence, but no Alucard due to him going asleep after Dracula was killed in Castlevania 3.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Nov 9 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #3

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

I actually unlocked corpsey, hes my favorite as of now. I also unlocked Iytei and liquid golem. Liquid golem is really cool, but i'm no fan of iytei, is a big bear beigebigrazz.gif

I'm slowly enjoying this game more and more as i get further into it, plus i really like the charactor hector, he has a very cool look. Not to mention, the fact that you can use multiple weapons brings this game to the point that they're almost to the point of making a great 3d castlevania. So this isn't great yet, but we'll see. (I love the roll move, but it makes every monster/boss die hard easy. i beat a wyvern boss without getting hit)

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Nov 9 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #4

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I'll probably get it for xmas alongside DQ8.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Riel
post Nov 9 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Guardian Armor

Member No.: 14

The demo for the XBox version was weird looking graphically but i thought the game had potential...glad to see you guys like it,i may at least rent it now to check more of it out.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:52 AM