Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nintendo's Halo, Metriod Prime: Hunters
AC9breaker
post Mar 3 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Just a few more days intill Metriod Prime Hunters is unleashed on the public and I'm mad suped up. Every interview with a developer only confirms that this game will be nothing short of dope. Playing the demo of the game that came with my DS when I first purchased it I thought, the controls where already solid (the closest thing you can get to a mouse, probably better). The visuals where a little lackluster but not too bad. But now, it seems like everything has been polished to perfection. From the graphics to the already solid controls even the game modes. Offline seems to offer a great experience and Multiplayer seems like its gonna be off the meat rack! featuring seven different type of match types. The most interesting being a football type of mode where you everyone goes for one ball then the players who gets it has to truck through everyone and reach his goal to score.

Some comments that really sounded cool.

The game tracks an exorbitant amount of stats. Every player gets a Hunter's License, that keeps track of everything. It tracks the distance you've walked through the game, how many headshots you've had, how long you've played the game, what your favorite hunter is, what your favorite gun is, the arena where you've won the most ... It also tracks cool things like alt form kills and biped kills.

What's really neat about the stat tracking is that it shows how we tailored this game for a hardcore audience. I think that stuff like that might not be exciting to casual gamers, but to people like us it's the best thing ever. And the fact that the stats are also tracked at NintendoWiFi.com and MetroidHunters.com is also really cool. The stats give you something to shoot for. Even though I may not win every match, for example, I might have a better accuracy than you.

How does the Friends and Rivals system work in this game?

If you have a Friend set up on your list, you can use the voice-over IP chat online, or you can chat with them using the messenger program. The idea for Rivals came from playing Mario Kart DS. We'd have really cool matches with complete strangers online, and then never see them again. We wanted to create a way to keep track of these guys, but still keep everyone safe online.

After you play someone, you can decide to add them to your Rivals list. If they agree, you will become Rivals. Then you can follow that person's stats and you can try to connect with them again later. That also plays into our Rival Radar which is similar to Bark Mode in Nintendogs. If you activate your Rival Radar and pass by someone else who has it on, you'll download their Hunter's License and they'll become your Rival.

So who, of my fellow AT'ers can I expect to see and go on hunts with? I better see you on this Kaz! Or else I'm renewing your FFXI account! beigelaugh.gif [I]

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 3 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #2

System Id

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 45

Haha, I might not be on right away but I'll eventually get it. Just waiting on some funding to fly my way.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 6 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #3

green and square

Member No.: 49

yo AC9. I have been anxiously waiting for this game for months now! I remember playing the demo in the stores a long time ago and I was impressed way back then so you know it's gotta look and play even better now. I'm also very happy that the solo play story sounds way cool as I have never been that fond of deathmatch style game play. But I will be more than happy to put myself out there so a bunch of us AT'ers can blast it up!

side note - I am VERY curious about the voice chat feature. That's gonna be friggin awesome! You know how stupid the AT AIM chats get, just imagine that over the DS. HAHA!

ps - AC9, you're an Animal Crossing player, right? We should hook up and swap.. um ... clothing, or .. um ... furniture, or .. um ... hahaa.. My friend code is in my profile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 6 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Agreed, it would be mad fun to have a bunch of AT'ers together spazing out! Also, I think you will be happy to know that there will be team based modes online. Like, Capture the flag. There are suppose to be like 25 or 30 maps and, they are suppose to be pretty huge. Also, the 7 selectable bounty hunters seem to compliment Samus's role as a bounty Hunter in the Metriod universe which is pretty cool. There is also a Rival system that lets you add players you see as your rival, and you can pretty much stalk them in game, haha. It seems like there will also be some kind of clan support for the game too but I'm not sure on the details.

To say the least, I'm really excited about this game.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 11 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

New TV spot!

Directed by the director of the movie Underworld , haha Nintendo is going all out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 24 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #6

System Id

Member No.: 45

I just got it today. Will give impressions later.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 24 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #7

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I haven't been online with it but I've played about a 3rd to to halfway in the single player mode.

First off the controls: Stylus Mode (left/right hand options) you move with the D-pad, fire with the L shoulder, aiming and jumping is done with the stylus. Then there is Dual Mode (again left/right hand options) movement is D-pad, fire is L shoulder, aim is a/b/x/y, and jump is R shoulder. The Stylus mode is good and brings something new to fps. There is no auto-lockon that was found in previous Metroid Primes.

In the single player its classic Metroid goodness, shooting, jumping, item collecting etc. You travel between different plantets and space stations. The mission is to retrive or destory the "Ultimate Power" an artifact from a long dead alien race. Besides the various monsters the othe 6 hunters are also after the "Ultimate Power" and you'll face off with each more then once. There is also the big bosses in full Metroid glory. As for the time frame its pre-Super Metroid.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 24 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #8

Soul Hunter

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Gotta get my copy later today. Gamestop called and my reseravation is waiting for me to take it home. Its times like these I wish I could do that superman move where you fly around the world to speed up time!

sonicrun.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 24 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #9

green and square

Member No.: 49

Give me until mid way thru April and then I can join you guys in an online Mertoid frag fest.

So... in using only the DS controls (no stylus), how quick and/or natural does it feel? FPS games are pretty twitch-based. Do the controls allow for that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 24 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Hells yeah SCU. scu.gif That sounds like a plan. I guess the McNugget cup shall be for Metriod Prime Hunters! beigelaugh.gif

Just got it a few hours ago and poond some random guy online, I'm rank 2 now! My friend code is 1246-2178-3756. Add me! Saving final thoughts till later like Kaz.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 25 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #11

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

This may be a dumb question, but I'm a DS Wi-Fi noob...

Do you have one friend code for all games (tied to your DS?) or is a different code for every game? Like, if I give someone the code I have on Mario Kart DS, will they be able to use that same code to look me up if I were on Metroid Prime Hunters? Or do you have to send your friends a new code with every new game that gets released?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 25 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #12

Soul Hunter

Yeah, it a different friend code for every game. It gets quite cumbersome too when your linking your games to the WiFi stat tracking on the Nintendowifi.com page.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Mar 25 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #13

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

what a pain that must be, they should/should've made it universal

or... *gasp*

a username!

leave it to nintendo to slap ICQ into their games instead of AIM (*'-')

+Quote Post
Kari
post Mar 26 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #14

c σ м р ℓ є т є !

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 106

I just got this today, I didn't know anyone else was wetting themselves over this. (Then again, I don't haunt very many forums) beigelaugh.gif I'll have to start pr00ning Breakzor after I get a hang of playing. More later!

--------------------
IPB Image
ℓєt γσυя sнσят ℓєgs cαяяү үσυ αωαү ωίtн үσυr тєℓєscσрє єүєs, мєtαl тєєтн.
ί cαn'т bє sєєn ωiтh үσυ

Kari - Newman Force - level 36

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 26 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #15

Soul Hunter

WTF! 8 people with this??? You all know what this means right???

MCNUGGET CUP!!! war.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:20 AM