Reply to this topicStart new topic
Superman Returns
Vitamin D
post Jun 29 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #1

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

I got a chance to check this movie out today and it must be said; this movie is awesome haha. Thing is I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but damn I liked this movie a whole lot. The Story was pretty interesting, the casting was great, the special effects were insane, and it was just overall enjoyable to watch. I also now know why Cyclops had such a small role in X Men 3, he was on the Superman set >_>. I saw it on an IMAX screen as well, which meant some of the scenes (4 in all) were in 3D, which was tight haha beigebigeek.gif . If there's one thing this movie will teach you, it's that Superman can do whatever the hell he wants. The movie does a great job of demonstrating his powers, and it's a lot of fun to watch. So yeah, go check out Superman Returns. Peace. sonicrun.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 29 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

QUOTE(Vitamin D @ Jun 29 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]25055[/snapback]
If there's one thing this movie will teach you, it's that Superman can do whatever the hell he wants.

This pretty much sums up why I never have much interest in Superman. No matter what you throw at him, he can just Super- his way through it. He doesn't have any faults, and any time he acts goofy, cowardly, or inept as Clark Kent, its only to keep up his ruse that he isn't Superman. The ony way to hurt him is with magic rocks that seem to be in plentiful supply on earth for whatever damn reason.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 29 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Probably some spoilers below...

Superman Returns is a fantastic updating of the tale for the modern audience. Being a direct continuation of the late 70's-80's movies I thought it was damn cool. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this film. Director Bryn Singer has said that he was not a comic fan, but he really captured the iconic image of Superman, with the angelic poses as he slowly descends from the sky, or casually floating in space listening for sounds of distress from the earth below, or flying above the clouds to recover his strength by soaking up cosmic rays. Top notch performance from the entire cast. I can't wait to see the next one.

I agree Crush, that Supes can be presented as too powerful at times, but his other weakness apart from Kryptonite is that he is in essence a farmboy, and a slight bit on the dense side. How many times has Superman been fooled by simple tricks? It was his fault that Lex Luthor did not get a longer prison sentence, it was his arrogance, thinking that no one could find and compromise his Fortress of Solitude. In simplest terms, Superman is not very bright.

Badass movie though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:59 AM