Reply to this topicStart new topic
I'm back :)
Ripper1486
post Jun 16 2003, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Rippalicious!

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 9

Hey guys, I finally got PSO online again, w00t!!! The only thing is I can't be on the computer and PSO at the same time, which isn't too bad, but I'd like to be able to. When I turned on my computer, there was a message which said that my IP address was in use, can anyone tell me what numbers I would need to change in PSO so that I can play both at the same time? toast.gif

--------------------

Happiness is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but your the one who feels the warmth.

PSO charaters:
Ripper1486 - HUcast - lvl 128
CurlySue - FOnewearal - lvl 68
Gangsta Gurl - RAmarl - lvl 75
Verbatim - HUcaseal - lvl 81
Jade2002 - FOmarl - lvl 36
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oneida
post Jun 17 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Returned from the early days of AT

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Ripper1486 @ Jun 16 2003, 11:37 PM)
Hey guys, I finally got PSO online again, w00t!!! The only thing is I can't be on the computer and PSO at the same time, which isn't too bad, but I'd like to be able to. When I turned on my computer, there was a message which said that my IP address was in use, can anyone tell me what numbers I would need to change in PSO so that I can play both at the same time? toast.gif

Are you using a router, or a hub?

Describe the network connections in more detail, that way we can figure out what's up.

Also, describe the settings that you have selected on your 'Cube.

--------------------
Current GC Characters:

Amiens lvl. 51 FOmar
Zefira Wolfe lvl. 8 RAmarl
Oneida lvl. 5 HUnewearl

DC Characters:

Oneida lvl. 175 FOmarl
Layla lvl. 81 HUnewearl
Falstaff lvl. 62 RAmar

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Jun 17 2003, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Rippalicious!

I have a hub. On my Gamecube, I have it set to automatically connect. I used to be able to have my computer and my GC online at the same time, but then I went to log on with PSO around Easter, and it said it couldn't connect to the DHCP server or something, I dunno. I took the GC cable out to the hub and connected it directly to the cable modem, and it worked fine. When I went back to hook it up to the hub, it worked, but when I turned my computer on, a message came up saying that something was using the IP address. Hope that helps!

--------------------

Happiness is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but your the one who feels the warmth.

PSO charaters:

+Quote Post
Oneida
post Jun 17 2003, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Returned from the early days of AT

Member No.: 39

*nods* yeah, this tells me what's going on. The problem here is that you're using a hub to connect. What you need is a router.

A router will function as a DHCP server that will share your internet connection with all the computers (up to 255) hooked up to it. Standard network hubs do not have a DHCP router built in, and so only one of your systems (GameCube or your computer) can be using the cable modem's IP at the same time.

If you have two ethernet ports on your computer and depending on what Operating System you're running you can also solve this software wise.

Here's what you need to do:

Plug the cable modem into one of the ethernet ports on your computer.
Plug your GameCube into the other ethernet port.

Next, boot up your computer and make sure you are connected to the internet.

For Windows XP:
Start the Internet Sharing Wizard and answer the questions. Make sure you select the right ethernet card that is plugged into the hub as the source of internet connection and tell it to share that connection with the rest of the network.

For Mac OS X:
Go to the "Sharing" preference panel in the System Preferences and click on the "Internet" tab. Choose "Share connection with other ethernet computers" and then click the "Start" button to initialize internet sharing.

That's it =)

--------------------
Current GC Characters:

Amiens lvl. 51 FOmar
Zefira Wolfe lvl. 8 RAmarl
Oneida lvl. 5 HUnewearl

DC Characters:

Oneida lvl. 175 FOmarl
Layla lvl. 81 HUnewearl
Falstaff lvl. 62 RAmar

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Jun 17 2003, 06:21 PM
Post #5

Rippalicious!

Oh snap man! Thanks...I'll go try that right now beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------

PSO charaters:

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Jun 18 2003, 12:09 AM
Post #6

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

I made a really long post once on how I had my network setup here at home...I think it was on PSOw.

Basically I am on DSL and that goes into a rounter. The router (Netgear RT311) goes into a 8 port 10/100 ethernet switch. The internet and network connections are then distributed though the house.

Here is what I run on my network...it is quite a bit::
NetWare file server
Windows 2000 server
Two windows XP workstations
GCN with PSO
ReplayTV

That is about it. I only have one or two ports free on the switch.

I would strongly suggest getting a router. The DLink routers are nice. I just had my brother buy one for his new condo at college. It was pretty much a plug and play (not prey like MS) solution for him.

Some of the routers come with switches or hubs built in...make sure when you buy one that says "router" or "gateway" on it. My brother bought just a 10/100 switch the first time..doh! Actually his room mate did and now he has to try to return it without the receipt..heh.

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 18 2003, 01:58 PM
Post #7

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

I'm glad you are back on pso, remember we have changed ships since you were on last. We now meet in Altair 5, usually in Lobby 7 to avoid the freaks in lobby 1. teleport.gif

I don't think I ever got your card btw.

+Quote Post
Mute
post Jun 18 2003, 05:53 PM
Post #8

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Welcome back, Ripper. We've never officially met, but I do believe I've seen you on Ah King's forums a while back. Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet up and exchange cards, or better yet, do some Challenge Mode. ^_^

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Jun 18 2003, 08:45 PM
Post #9

Rippalicious!

Yeah, I only have a few of your cards...I would have gotten more, but I never was on when you guys were. I hope I meet you all soon, if anyone wants to, just add me on AIM and we could arrange a meeting beigebigrazz.gif Oh, if anyone has any of the weapons I didn't get a chance to obtain that they'd like to donate, I'd appreciate it. Also, my sister's character needs guns and I wasn't able to connect to PSO when I asked you guys last time, so if anyone has any guns I'd appreciate those too.

--------------------

PSO charaters:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:15 PM