Reply to this topicStart new topic
Warhammer Stuff, Warhammer Online and DoW2
AC9breaker
post Nov 6 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

So Mythic just recently announced a free never ending trial for Warhammer Online. I remembered Oddies was playing this and I was pretty interested in checking it out but never had a proper gaming rig when it was out. So I figured a few of us could give it a try and see whats up. It's free to play for like forever, the catch is that your capped to level 10 until you purchase the full product.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/trial/

Then there is also Dawn of War 2. I'm sure some of you guys have already heard of the new expansion Chaos rising that will introduce Chaos units as well as a couple of new units. But recently the added the Last Stand play mode. Think horde mode but RTS style. 3 players team up and take control of a hero unit and try to make it out of ever increasing hordes of enemies. You level up and unlock new equipment, traits, abilities and have different loadouts so you and your team mates can plan out new and interesting strategies on dealing with the waves of enemies. Highest wave I made it to was with wave 25 I think? With two random doods. I was tanking with my Mekboy but godamn Space marines ended up taking us out with a freaking dreadnought spam. It was hella fun though tanking three Carnifexs. @_@

Anyway, you doods should check the game out. It's a great title doesn't play like a conventional RTS, feels like an RPG, and is totally badass. Plus, Tyranids are fucking sweet, and Eldar don't come off as the pansies they did in DoW1.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dive
post Nov 6 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

If you're allowed to play the Nordenwatch PvP scenario, this should keep you busy for a long time. Not to mention the RvR area right outside the starting area for Empire and Chaos.

The Nordenwatch scenario plays out like a BF1943 map, with a limited area and lots of skirmishes and key capture points. The RvR battleground is an endlessly contested set of capture points which provide hours of blood soaked drama. Nordenwatch is instanced and queued, whereas the RvR zone is always live.

~Edit: In fact, as soon as you zone into the game as level 1, queue up the scenarios, you can join those games immediately.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 22 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

I was bored and gave this a spin last night. I really like how the group questing works, how its like a competition between all the players to contribute the most so you can get the top loot roll. Its a great way to get that sort of "epic quest" feeling without having to bullshit with making a big group or alliance. Everything else about the game feels solid, if not basically a direct clone of WoW. The level of interactivity in the quests is nice too, like shooting the cannons or burning down boats or whatever, it makes it feel better than "collect 20 rabbit pelts", at least as far as traditional MMO noob zone quests go.

I'll probably give the PVP battle zone stuff a shot tonight. Tanshin and I are playing it on the valeron (i think) server if anyone else is hopping on the trial, playing Order side.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Nov 22 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #4

There may be more players on Gorfang but I am not sure. I cannot recommend the PVP zone and scenarios enough. Once you have a good grasp on the controls and skills, head to the red contested zone below. You can then just seek and destroy at random or join an open team.

There are almost always ad hoc groups there, you can check for open parties in any given zone. To access the Open Party interface, as a solo player, click on the "3 skull" icon beneath your player portrait on the upper left hand corner of the screen. Make sure you grab the kill X amount of players quests available in the vicinity. There are also quests for capturing and holding key areas. I haven't played Alliance enough to know where the quest givers are located on that side of the contested zone.

To join the queue for a Scenario click on the scenario icon near your map:

I haven't played this in a while, but got back with a free trial, and may join the Endless Trial. What are your characters' names? I unfortunately have no Alliance characters, but could make one, maybe a Witch Hunter.

Here's a couple fun shots of a Caste Keep battle:

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Nov 23 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

Totally forgot I had this, we should bro it up sometime. Anyone here streaming it or installed it? I rolled as an Orc I think I'm about level 6. My characters name is Breaker and forgot what server I'm on. It's still taking me some time to get use to the game. I find that the game doesn't look as nice as I remember seeing it in screen shots but looks better then WoW which is good enough for me. I think once I hit the level 10 cap for the demo I'll try some pvp.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 23 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #6

I'm doing the streaming thing, its only a 1 gig download compared to the 10 gig for the full deal. It does stutter some times when entering a new area, but thats also some of my computer not really being able to handle it too hahaha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Nov 23 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Soul Hunter

Do you mean the Volkmar servers? There isn't a Valefore server, thats FFXI. lol and the Gorfang server isn't available for people on free trial. :|

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Nov 23 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Nov 23 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Do you mean the Volkmar servers? There isn't a Valefore server, thats FFXI. lol and the Gorfang server isn't available for people on free trial. :|

I also thought that the Endless Trial was limited to Chaos versus Empire.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Nov 23 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #9

Soul Hunter

So whats the difference between that server and the rest? It's not all the same?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Nov 23 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Nov 23 2009, 10:36 PM) *
So whats the difference between that server and the rest? It's not all the same?

There's nothing different, it's just a high population server. Supposedly because of the Endless Trial. You guys can't get on Gorfang though?

~Edit: I just got an Endless sign up, and Gorfang is indeed unavailable, must have filled up or something. Badlands and Volkmar are the only two servers available.

~Edit 2: Rolled a Warrior Priest on Volkmar. "Cryptman".

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 5 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #11

Soul Hunter

Sp in case anyones been wondering where I've been since I'm hardly on PSN and XBL any more I bought the game subscribed and have been playing with my Ork dood on Iron Rock server. I'm a level 22 Choppa, Bizzlebreakah I couldn't name my guy Breaker since apperantly it was taken, by an NPC too. =/ But yeah my ork dood rocks. The rvr is so epic and I'm really loving the game.

My only real complaint is that the rvr is so much more interesting the the pve that I miss out on the lore of the world. Then there is also the fact that it seems like the Mythic staff took heavy losses with layoffs so the game doesn't get as much support as might be more common with other MMO's. I've also noticed a lot of spelling and gramatical errors in some of the games dialogue. Still though it's lot's of fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 5 2009, 02:10 AM
Post #12

Traitor. Get on MW2 so we can javelin glitch bitches.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:59 PM