Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo
DarkEpyon
post Sep 9 2003, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

This is a 4-part OVA that came out in Japan around 1999-2000. The story centers around the 3 pilots of the Neo Getter robo, Gou, Shou, and Gai. The Reptilian Empire (a bunch of robot lizards in a flying saucer) shows up on Earth with the claim that they're trying to take back what was once theirs before the appearance of humans. So the empire wreaks all kinds of hell with their giant mechasaurus.

There's even an American super robot team,by the names of Jack and Mary that pilot Texas Mack. He's basically this giant robot cowboy with a horse named Posture King. He gets his arsenal of weapons by pulling a giant coffin out of the ground. The funniest part is hearing Jack and Mary speak. They speak with a mix of Japanese and English. A good example would be "Koitsu wa too much high power, man!" It's so bad, it's funny.

All in all the animation looked quite dated, so don't expect anything really cutting edge here. For only having 4 episodes, it does a good job at telling the stury, and there's lots of action in each episode. Not as funny as "Nuumamonjaa" (either you loved it or hated it) but definitely worth checking out. I'd give this one an 8/10.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 10 2003, 01:57 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Sep 9 2003, 10:08 PM)
There's even an American super robot team,by the names of Jack and Mary that pilot Texas Mack. He's basically this giant robot cowboy with a horse named Posture King. He gets his arsenal of weapons by pulling a giant coffin out of the ground. The funniest part is hearing Jack and Mary speak. They speak with a mix of Japanese and English. A good example would be "Koitsu wa too much high power, man!" It's so bad, it's funny.

I don't like much anime nowadays, but this part alone makes me want to see this. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:53 AM