Reply to this topicStart new topic
~currency.. =., new US $20.00 bills..
DivA
post Oct 29 2003, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~what do you think of the new look - love it or hate it? i'm not exactly sure what to make of it; i cannot help but think ~ monopoly.. =/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Oct 29 2003, 11:09 AM
Post #2

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

I think it looks more like Euro money now...hah at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 29 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Looks like someone spilt something on it. Other than that, I guess it's ok.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Oct 29 2003, 12:32 PM
Post #4

San d'Orian Evil

Group: Associates
Member No.: 69

the monopoly money has already been counterfeited here in MA.. although the fakes don't have the watermark, they look very convincing. i imagine it won't take long for fakes to start appearing with the watermarks. so much for counterfeit proof.. and the money still looks stupid.. oh well.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 29 2003, 02:11 PM
Post #5

green and square

Member No.: 49

While I applaude the attempted use of color, I think the new design is just not worth the change. It looks very amatureish to me. I really hate the "random" numbers of letters (i can't remember which it is) all over the back. WTF is that? And the colors? It looks like someone spilt some ink on one half of the bill, of they left it out in the sun and it screwed up the green color. BAH! I say.
And the real kicker is the fact that our governemt spent like $20 million on advertising! WHY THE @#$% DO WE NEED TO ADVERTISE THE FACT THAT WE PAINTED A NEW $20? Stop spending my tax money on stupid shit like this.

Yes, I am a bit too worked up over this. beigesmile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rikku
post Oct 29 2003, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Armor

Member No.: 68

I think it looks ok, even though it kinda looks like monopoly money.

--------------------
<center>
user posted image
</center>

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Oct 29 2003, 03:34 PM
Post #7

Grand Armor

Member No.: 15

Money? What's that? ;p

lol, seriously... I haven't even seen it yet. But I do have to agree with scu on this one. I really don't give a flip what our money looks like. And I disapprove of our government spending this much money on something so trival while at the same time our education budget gets nuked all to hell. It just ain't right... ._.

+Quote Post
Bantam13
post Oct 29 2003, 06:05 PM
Post #8

The Enemy.

Member No.: 61

I still think it was a crazy idea for the U.S. Mint to once consider taking the penny out of circulation, but maybe that's just me....besides, tracking down the most prolific denomination in U.S. currency history has to be a chore and a half, not to mention extremely expensive.

Hey, this sounds a lot like many of Bush's proposals, actually.

beigelaugh.gif

Anyway, I haven't seen the new "funny money" yet myself....I shudder to think what Honest Abe would look like with this type of makeover. Heh.

Bantam13
--I'd just now finally accepted the last major change in our staple of bills, too.

--------------------
"Leaders are for fools who need to follow." - Fangry
"Everything succumbs to those who wait." - Razorclaw
"I take a licking and keep on kicking." - Ruckus

PSO Characters:

Alisah Neiko - HUnewearl - YELLOWBOZE - lvl 200 (Yeesh, FINALLY....)
Jakira_Vogni - FOnewearl - PURPLENUM - lvl 178

user posted image

Mnk lvl 75/Blm lvl 61/War lvl 65/Whm lvl 53/Thf lvl 35/Rdm lv 21/Nin lvl 37/Drg lvl 37

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 29 2003, 08:54 PM
Post #9

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 29 2003, 03:11 PM)
While I applaude the attempted use of color, I think the new design is just not worth the change. It looks very amatureish to me. I really hate the "random" numbers of letters (i can't remember which it is) all over the back. WTF is that? And the colors? It looks like someone spilt some ink on one half of the bill, of they left it out in the sun and it screwed up the green color. BAH! I say.
And the real kicker is the fact that our governemt spent like $20 million on advertising! WHY THE @#$% DO WE NEED TO ADVERTISE THE FACT THAT WE PAINTED A NEW $20? Stop spending my tax money on stupid shit like this.

Yes, I am a bit too worked up over this. beigesmile.gif

drunken_chibi ~ no kidding, counterfeits? Oo

scu, you took the words right out of my mind.. =) amateurish - that is the perfect word for this successor to the $20.00 ~ realistically, how can i take it seriously when it looks like a bunch of 6-year olds got together to make it.. ;p the currency from the late 19th to early 20th century do serious circles around it, in terms of style & intricate detail put into the design(s)..

this $20.00 needs to go back to the drawing board.. ;p

+Quote Post
Angel of Enders
post Oct 30 2003, 01:45 PM
Post #10

Unorthodox

Member No.: 47

I've not seen it yet since stores are still giving me regular bills. I could really careless though, money is money no matter what shape or size it comes in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 30 2003, 02:31 PM
Post #11

green and square

Member No.: 49

*gets up on soap box*
Well, you should care! This government is totally out of control with the spending. My god. $20 million on advertising for a bill that we already know about? Like we have an option of using a different $20? And another thing... !
*stops himself*
Sorry.
Video games... yes, discuss video games.

*steps down and kicks box*

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Oct 30 2003, 02:45 PM
Post #12

San d'Orian Evil

Member No.: 69

the chinese restaurant near my work wouldn't take it. the guy said it looked fake. haha.. guess he didn't see my tax dollar funded commercials..

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Oct 31 2003, 02:55 PM
Post #13

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (drunken_chibi @ Oct 30 2003, 12:45 PM)
the chinese restaurant near my work wouldn't take it. the guy said it looked fake. haha.. guess he didn't see my tax dollar funded commercials..

I been taking them left and right where I work...no question asked. But really, to spend all that on advertising...and still no one knows. Heck, I have not turned on the TV for weeks here...so I never saw a single thing about it until I saw one. Sure, redisign is good, but did it accomplish anything? NO.

The money can still be duplicated. About the only thing that is difficult, that I see, to copy is that little strip they weave into the bill...and maybe those color changing inks.

Waste of my good tax dollars...I have to agree fully! Don't tell me they want to change the other bills also! I hope they put that on the ballot! You know what I will choose....

Anyway, I having said what I wanted to get out... at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Nov 12 2003, 08:14 PM
Post #14

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

While I agree that the money the government spent on the promotion is rediculous, I kinda' like the color scheme. Still, there definitely much better ways to waste 20 mil on, like the homeless, for instance. Sometimes I think that its overrun by fashion bimbos like the protagonist from Legally Blonde who think that a bad nail job for a first lady resembles a national tragedy, completely oblivious to death and violence.

On a similar note: do you guys watch "Family Guy?" Adam West (the original "Batman" from the TV show) is the mayor of Quahog, the setting of the sitcom. Anyway, he's portrayed as a very paranoid guy, who spends thousands of the city's budget, trying to catch the people who STEAL HIS WATER when he waters his plants or runs the sink. lol

At the end of the episode, upon getting into bed with Luke Perry, he said, "If I do this, do you promise to stop stealing my water?" I love that show. It's hillarious, and it actually makes statements. This reminds me of South Park, though. Underlying political and philosophical statements, cleverly veiled in the guise of a simple, shock-comedy sitcom.

Anyway, I've ranted enough.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
HC82
post Nov 12 2003, 08:41 PM
Post #15

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I like the color scheme. I don't care for the random numbers on the back. Monopoly money doesn't have that cool orange/green thing going on.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:44 AM