IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Game hard spot turned easy, experience us!
unitself
post Jan 16 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Have you ever had trouble in one spot in a particular video game, only to beat it very easily all of the sudden? Like, you get to a certain spot and something kills you. So, you restart and try again, only to die again? Repeat until very angry or something near you gets broken... Then, one night, you break out the game again, and suddenly breeze thru that trouble spot and go on to have a great time?
guns.gif
Happened to me last night while playing Crimson Skies. I was getting my ass kicked by some damn minicopter things. I tried (and died) like 5 - 6 times. Then, last night, I literally breezed thru them in like 2 minutes. It was weird. So, now I own the minicopter and the game is fun again!
beigelaugh.gif
This happens to me all the time. I play and play, then get stuck and put the game down for a week or twelve. Then, one night, I rediscover the game and have a great time until it happens again.
Now if I can only get past that damn big ice dragon in Metroid Prime...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riel
post Jan 16 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

Yep i thappens to me as well.Many games,for some reason,i completed on a Sunday morning,after trying the day before with no success,you know that last Boss or very long stretch without a save and having to redo a good portion over...i guess we get frustrated to the point where it affects or gaming skills king.gif

I'm at a part like this right now with Prince Of Persia,hopefully i get past it tonight or else i'll wait for Sunday heh teleport.gif

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 16 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I often have experiences like this playing Fist of the North Star in the arcade. I will be stuck at a certain guy, getting pummeld game after game, and it looks like I'll never pass him....then one game I will just go all "matrix" and everything falls into place and I whip his ass without taking a hit, and he's never a problem for me after that. It's weird how there's no gradual build up ...like "aah i almost got you that time!"...I either totally lose, or totally kick their ass.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jan 17 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

This is sad but true, I never beat the origional Super Mario Bros on the NES, yet when I got the gbc deluxe version I could blast right through the origional levels.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:07 PM