Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blizzard at it again
Apocalypse Tribe HQ > Diversions > Entertainment
Crushinator
www.blizzard.com

A new countdown to a big game reveal, what could it be?

Lost Vikings 3, I'm calling it.

Oddies da Nerfed
Probably just gonna finally announce the release date of WotLK.

edit: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html up there now as well. Yeah just wotlk release date finally.

/tinfoil

"From diablofans.com:

Another interesting fact is the URL: http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

Why 232309? If we assume that the numbers correspond to the letters in the alphabet we get 232309=WWI ... ring a bell? :-) World Wide Invitational
23 = W
23 = W
09 = I
Anyway the "hidden" picture is called 04.jpg. (http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg)
My guess is that tomorrow we'll see a picture called 09.jpg, then on wednesday 01.jpg ....

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all Tongue)
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo) "
Crushinator
I like the tin foil hat theory!

The hidden image looks like a purple people eater from Startropics.

Since they already announced the new WoW expansion, I don't see why they would do a hugeass "countdown" thing on their main page just for the official release date announcement. I'm sure they'll use the WWI to drop the date, but I think this "reveal" will be something bigger.

Maybe its the SC2 expansion annoucement before the real game is even out? beigelaugh.gif

EDIT: If you go to www.diablo.com it redirects you to the countdown splash page. worldofwarcraft.com and starcraft2.com both still go to their respective home pages. Diablo 3 confirmed?!?!?!
Wiryu
QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Jun 23 2008, 08:57 AM) *
Probably just gonna finally announce the release date of WotLK.

edit: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html up there now as well. Yeah just wotlk release date finally.

/tinfoil

"From diablofans.com:

Another interesting fact is the URL: http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

Why 232309? If we assume that the numbers correspond to the letters in the alphabet we get 232309=WWI ... ring a bell? :-) World Wide Invitational
23 = W
23 = W
09 = I
Anyway the "hidden" picture is called 04.jpg. (http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg)
My guess is that tomorrow we'll see a picture called 09.jpg, then on wednesday 01.jpg ....

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all Tongue)
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo) "

Nice deduction! I would invest in that!
Scan_Man
Diablo 3 announced! Watching live feed of Blizzard Worldwide Inventational! OMG Footage playing as I type!
tanshin
Exciting! There is already a bunch of content to be viewed on the site!
Crushinator
Fuck yeah! Diablo 3! ITS OVERRRRRR! crash.gif

Holy shit, looks amazing! beigebiggrin.gif

I love the interactive environment, I think this is going to push the gameplay to a new level. Also, no more potions, thank you! That will speed up the game a lot more, and hopefully make the harder battles flow better, make it more tactical instead of just jamming on the potion belt.

The male barb totally has the "old snake" thing going on, which rocks. And the freaking WITCH DOCTOR looks bad ass. I can't wait to see what other classes there are.

Oh yeah, and that boss fight was E-P-I-C! And that was probably just some scrub boss, too. The way he was smashing shit and RIPPING THEIR GODDAMN HEADS OFF! buttrock.gif
Wiryu
By the time I got into the idea of playing a Diablo game, I was told to leave it alone because of how overrun with hackers it was, so now i'm happy to get the chance to give it a go! Video was awesome. ;)

Small bit of the video that was awesome was the summoning of that thing from sacrifice! That was fucking awesome.
Scan_Man
I dunno. It is kinda unexpected for me because I figured the wait for Diablo 3 announcement would be off a couple more years. I been excitedly waiting for Mythos by Flagship (company that did Hellgate) to give me that fill. And Mythos has going for it is that it comes out sooner. Plus I am a dissapointed there was not much of a leap in graphic update on Diablo 3. I was expecting something more MMOish looking. Instead it pretty much retains the Diablo look, which really does not set it apart since there are dozens of popular free Diablo style games out there currently.

But yeah probably the best thing Diablo 3 going for it is character classes and skills.

Retehi
Diablo III does not need to be an MMO. The engine and look it has going for it was one of the reasons it was such an addictive game. Easy to pick up and just go at it, none of that lame RAID2NITE planning bullshit.

I'm glad Blizzard kept the game to it's traditional look, this will make loads of people happy, including me.

I definitely can't wait, maybe this will be one game I can play with everyone finally. beigebigrazz.gif
donkeybeatz
QUOTE(Retehi @ Jun 28 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Diablo III does not need to be an MMO. The engine and look it has going for it was one of the reasons it was such an addictive game. Easy to pick up and just go at it, none of that lame RAID2NITE planning bullshit.

I'm glad Blizzard kept the game to it's traditional look, this will make loads of people happy, including me.

I definitely can't wait, maybe this will be one game I can play with everyone finally. beigebigrazz.gif

I co-sign that. The look of the game is great.
This might be the next big AT game since forever.
tanshin
Assuming we can kind of predict what playable classes there will be, what does everyone speculate that might want to play?

I'm hoping to see "Lawyer" in the game this time. I wanna take down dome demons with AoE lawsuit. Or maybe help defend your party by using cross-examine on the boss. Stun monsters with objections. Or maybe I've been playing too much Phoenix Wright lately.

But yeah, I enjoyed playing necromancer on Diablo II, I hope it comes back. And I hope there is still a type of skill tree so that you can choose unique paths for your character's development. For example, I only did the minimum amount of raise dead type spells on necromancer, and then from there, leveled up nothing but the "teeth" spell. I ended up being able to shoot out a 360 degree fan of the teeth with really high damage, something that can't be done if you focus too much on undead spells.

Witchdoctor looks pretty sweet, too though. Anyone wanna buy my lv 60 barb for 100 RoJ??
Crushinator
QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Jun 28 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I dunno. It is kinda unexpected for me because I figured the wait for Diablo 3 announcement would be off a couple more years. I been excitedly waiting for Mythos by Flagship (company that did Hellgate) to give me that fill. And Mythos has going for it is that it comes out sooner. Plus I am a dissapointed there was not much of a leap in graphic update on Diablo 3. I was expecting something more MMOish looking. Instead it pretty much retains the Diablo look, which really does not set it apart since there are dozens of popular free Diablo style games out there currently.

But yeah probably the best thing Diablo 3 going for it is character classes and skills.

The thing is, all those "free diablo style games" all are STILL second banana to the true king, Diablo 2. The only true successor to the style gameplay can only be Diablo 3. The graphics are fantastic, while still keeping the art style and perspective of Diablo.
Wiryu
if we're shooting for class speculation, I tend to wave towards healing classes these days, but if one doesn't exist, i'll go umm.....maybe a ranged dude?
Retehi
I'm hoping they bring back Druid is some form or another, would say Necro to, but Witch Doctor seems to be close enough. Wall of Zombies? hel yeh
Crushinator
Bring back the oldschool Wizard, that was MAH BOI in Diablo 1. Although with the male/female thing now they could probably just have the Sorceress class ported up from D2.

There will only be 5 classes in the final game, so we only have 3 more to add! I don't think there will be a healer class, that is lame shit best left for slow paced MMOs. The closest we'll see is a Cleric/Paladin type with some minor healing powers.
Wiryu
QUOTE(Crushinator @ Jun 28 2008, 07:51 PM) *
I don't think there will be a healer class, that is lame shit best left for slow paced MMOs. The closest we'll see is a Cleric/Paladin type with some minor healing powers.

I dunno, I like to think it's more than just, "Here's some gear and a weapon, now go hack and slash shit to death." It feels to forward for a successful formula, especially since it sounds like they're cutting out the potions? Having not played any diablo games, I really can't give any solid arguments, but if there are no healing classes, I can stay entertained beating shit up.
Scan_Man
QUOTE(Crushinator @ Jun 28 2008, 06:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Jun 28 2008, 03:20 PM) *

The thing is, all those "free diablo style games" all are STILL second banana to the true king, Diablo 2. The only true successor to the style gameplay can only be Diablo 3. The graphics are fantastic, while still keeping the art style and perspective of Diablo.

I think Lunia is a loads more fun than Diablo 2. Only thing bad about Lunia right now is they are slow as hell to add content, so Diablo 2 has more in that. Also Blizzard games will have the better community and customer service (game updates included here). But I cannot agree with those "free Diablo style games" are "second bananas" because some of them are very good. And most people that play them agree on that too. But it boils down to personal preference anyway. So agree to disagree.

I have nothing against Diablo series. A lot of people have moved on from Diablo 2 are on these free games, me included, so it is awesome to look forward to Diablo 3. A lot were looking at Mythos for filling the void of Diablo 3. But, LOL that is blown out the water now.

But I am sure this game is way off in terms of release date, knowing Blizzard. So I can't wait to see what this game has in store as it reaches final.
AC9breaker

Continuing with the new classes speculation...

I'm hoping to see "Old Secret Operative" in the game this time. I wanna take down dome demons with AoE Long Exposition. Or Maybe help defend your party by using controller-port switch on the boss. Stun monsters with CQC. Or maybe I've been playing too much Metal Gear Solid lately.

I've never played a Diablo game before so I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Scan_Man
QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Jun 29 2008, 08:20 AM) *
Continuing with the new classes speculation...

I'm hoping to see "Old Secret Operative" in the game this time. I wanna take down dome demons with AoE Long Exposition. Or Maybe help defend your party by using controller-port switch on the boss. Stun monsters with CQC. Or maybe I've been playing too much Metal Gear Solid lately.

I've never played a Diablo game before so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Hahaha. I will ssssstart by looking at your harddrive. I sssee you like porrrn.
Crushinator
Third class revealed: The Wizard!

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/wizard.xml

HEL YEH. guitarist.gif

Time manipulation abilities, DO WANT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.