Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay class, choose a partner and get to work!
Apocalypse Tribe HQ > Diversions > Entertainment
AC9breaker
Resident Evil 5 drops tomorrow. Got my special Edition on hold but won't be able to pick it up till monday due to bills and shiz. Can i expect to get some games going with my fellow AT'ers? Who else is getting the Special Edition?
Vitamin D
Didn't get the special edition, but I'll have the game later tonight from a midnight release. I'm mad excited to play this game haha.
donkeybeatz
I believe we're doing an all nighter Friday and try to finish up the game by Sunday haha.
Crushinator
Yeah, I'll be picking it up on my way home from work (hopefully at 4pm) and I'll be down to play all night till about 2-3 am.
Vitamin D
Holy. Shit. My brother and I played some offline Co-Op for a good 3 hours plus as soon as I got the game home. It's unbelievably awesome haha. It's so damn intense, but also incredibly fun. I'll have to play more this afternoon. For now though it's nearly 5 AM, I need to sleep haha.
donkeybeatz
Yeah! This game rocks! I didn't know you can trade off melee attacks together! I just got the achievement on accident haha.
Riel
Just got the game as well.still early on but I love it,although it's going to be kinda hard it seems hehe...One thing i noticed though,I left the online to "if i invite friends only" but I kept having a bunch of person wanting to join the game,it said they will join at the next checkpoint...seems a little buggy,so for now I left it on Rogue.

Traded in 3 games that EBGames up here said if they are worth 8 bucks or more,RE5 is free...so I traded KUF,Circle of Doom,remember guys,Folklore which was ok but I could never really got into it and Ninja Gaiden 2,which I couldn't even beat at the lowest difficulty ;).
tanshin
I don't think I will have the money or time to keep up you guys, ever. I honestly give up. It is really just depressing for me to read these threads over and over game after game after game. I should really just sell my god damned xbox.
HC82
Part time jiggalo FTW.

There's really been a lot of games coming out. The reality is that you don't have to get them all at once. We always have slow gaming seasons every year, where the games coming out aren't all that great. Often times we have a few months spread in between where the games just aren't worth the money. By then, most of the hot games that are out now will still be around later on and might be a little cheaper. I've had Fallout 3 for awhile and haven't touched it and probably won't get RE5 or SO4 for awhile to come. If I checked ebay now, I can find games that are a many months old being sold second hand for cheap. By then, demand for older games fades away, but you always have young gamers looking to buy new games, so they turn to ebay to sell their older games to buy new ones. They work and still play well, so if you're on a budget and busy, just get it when you can.

For example I've been wanting to get Valkyria Chronicles for some time now, but realistically I know I wouldn't of had the time to play it when it came out. It originally retailed for $55~$60. Now it's dropped in price by 10 bucks. If I snatch it up second had I can get it for at least 20 bucks discounted and the game is still fairly new.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories
Wiryu
Where are the zombies at?
Crushinator
No zombies up in this bitch! Majini are wave of the future, they got motorcycles, bullet proof vests, AK's... Fuck a zombie.
Wiryu
Still biogenetically altered freaks, I suppose i'm good.
AC9breaker
So I picked up my copy of the SE today and the game is tits. Came with a DVD, a travlers bag, a small Chris Redfield plastic statue, a Kijuju Africa medallion, and a BSAA patch. Patch is pretty cool, planning on putting it on a pair of jeans that are way too old and starting to get some holes in them. Toy is mad small, like 3 inches tall. Face looks a little funny and doesn't look like it will stand on it's own. No stand to support it too. Weaksauce. Chain is all right, looks like it's made of some combination of lead, metal and plastic. Looks nice and is pretty inconspicuous. Complements the Street Fighter 4 headband nicely. The Bag is really sweet. It looks like it's made out of canvas but it's pretty thin and doesn't look very durable. Probably good for gym or workout cloths. Looks nice and bigger then I was expecting. Especially since all this shit came in a tight ass little box. Case is like some tin plastic thing, hella sweet. The game and dvd come packed in nicely, much like the S.E. of Ghost in The Shell: Solid State Society dvd. The discs are layered nicely. The DVD contains a making of, which is pretty cool. Has a lot of insightful stuff and made me realized how much better this game looked then that new CGI movie they just made Degeneration or some shit? That's some WWF shit right there.

Finally the game, it's tits. Kill black doods and take their gold, lul. Haven't tried co-op yet. 1st play through on Veteren.
Crushinator
I got the SE too, but to be honest I haven't even cracked any of that shit open. The game is so good I don't need to waste time watching a DVD about the game when i could be kicking ass across africa. beigelaugh.gif
tanshin
QUOTE(HC82 @ Mar 15 2009, 09:31 AM) *
Part time jiggalo FTW.

There's really been a lot of games coming out. The reality is that you don't have to get them all at once. We always have slow gaming seasons every year, where the games coming out aren't all that great. Often times we have a few months spread in between where the games just aren't worth the money. By then, most of the hot games that are out now will still be around later on and might be a little cheaper. I've had Fallout 3 for awhile and haven't touched it and probably won't get RE5 or SO4 for awhile to come. If I checked ebay now, I can find games that are a many months old being sold second hand for cheap. By then, demand for older games fades away, but you always have young gamers looking to buy new games, so they turn to ebay to sell their older games to buy new ones. They work and still play well, so if you're on a budget and busy, just get it when you can.

For example I've been wanting to get Valkyria Chronicles for some time now, but realistically I know I wouldn't of had the time to play it when it came out. It originally retailed for $55~$60. Now it's dropped in price by 10 bucks. If I snatch it up second had I can get it for at least 20 bucks discounted and the game is still fairly new.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

Thanks for the advice man. I guess I just get too caught up trying to keep up with these guys because I consider them good friends, and I really want to share the whole "first experience" of a cool game with them. Reminiscent of the days where me and my best friend Tommy sat in front of his TV completely hypnotized and mezmorized by Mega Man 2, using tradsies offsies. It's really not the same when you get the game later on, and all your friends have beaten it and play the game they've already had their fill of over again just out of pity for you or something. I do feel a bit better now, I guess.
Crushinator
http://kotaku.com/5200419/resident-evil-5-...r-sale-tomorrow

RE5 Multiplayer DLC comes out tomorrow, anyone still interested in it?

The Versus mode contains two different game types. Slayer's Rule sees players trying to down the most Majinis within the time limit, while Survivor's Rule has players trying to down the most other players. Versus will be available for purchase tomorrow on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network, costing either 400 Microsoft points or $4.99, depending on how your platform chooses to represent money.
Wiryu
more interested in owning zombies in mercenaries.
HC82
What's the fucking point of having gold membership status if I pay for every fucking thing already!?!
Crushinator
QUOTE(HC82 @ Apr 6 2009, 08:45 PM) *
What's the fucking point of having gold membership status if I pay for every fucking thing already!?!

Crushinator
OK so Donkey and I busted this mode out for about an hour last night. First off, clear the air because YES all the content is on disc. Its just a ~2mb unlock code basically. I don't know why capcom was blowing smoke up our asses about it not being finished by the time the game shipped, but whatever. Whats done is done.

Anyhoo, the gameplay itself is actually quite fun, mainly because regardless of which mutliplayer mode you choose, the zombies are still there! All games are played on the same maps as mercenaries, although on some stages the enemy layout and waves are changed up a bit.

In "Survivor" players compete to see who can get the most points from killing enemies (and other players), its essentially a competitive 4 player mercs mode, which is alright in my book buttrock.gif . You can kill other players to sabotage them and steal their kills, but if you focus on killng other players excusively in this mode, you will lose. You only get 1000 points for killing another player, and although it does contribute to your combo, they are a shitload harder to kill than a zombie. Its more prudent to keep your combo going and make sure you are the one who finishes off the "boss" enemies for massive points.

The other mode is "Slayer" where you get points based on how much damage you do to other players. This mode shakes things up a bit because regardless of which character you choose, you only start with a pistol, bullet, first aid spray, and some frag grenades. You need find chests (which normally contain BONUS TIME) or kill the Boss enemies to obtain more powerful weapons. Or kill another player who has already obtained these weapons for you pirate.gif You only seem to drop the weapon you're currently equipped with if you die, so if you have an arsenal stockpiled you aren't completely screwed.

On the issue of character selection: This mode uses the same 10 characters available in mercs, BUT you need to unlock them call again. They are now purchased using the "Bonus Features" points you get from completing various game modes, and now from placing in versus mode as well. Some of the characters cost a shitload, 50k points for STARS Wesker, for example. This would be cool if the characters weren't totally unbalanced against each other. Fighting zombies, I would say all the characters have their advantages and disadvantages, but when you're going head to head against another player, the dude with the magnum or sniper rifle will always win. Because of the stop-n-pop controls you can't easily blast them with a few handgun/shotgun rounds and make a hasty retreat, and unlike fighting a zombie, there's no "stun points" on a human to set them up for a CQC move. (However if you get them into "dying" health, you can perform CQCs on them.)

The biggest problem this mode has, though, is the lack of a party system. It has a team version of both game modes, but there is no way to keep the same partner in ranked matches. That means if you wanna play a ranked team mode you will ALWAYS get partnered with a random noob. Creating a custom game gives you private slots and lets you keep playing with the same people if they choose to stay, or you can wait for someone else to jump in to fill out the ranks, but it seems less populated than the ranked matches.

I think this is a decent DLC to add some lifespan to RE5. If anything, if you're the OCD type that has to unlock everything then you get a shitload more stuff to spend points on, and more achievements to unlock beigelaugh.gif . If other people in our circle get it, we'll definitely have a blast because the game does get crazy and fun as hell with 4 players going at it.
donkeybeatz
I think you got survivor and slayers mixed up. Survivor is the one where you only start with a pistol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.