Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any of you peeps play the jp version of pso 2?
Apocalypse Tribe HQ > Diversions > Phantasy Star
Alisha

Retehi
I'm waiting for the NA version, but I think they just honestly forgot about us at this point.
Crushinator
Yeah I'll get interested when it comes out in english. I barely have enough time to play the games I want nowadays, and trying to decipher some bullshit moonspeak in an online game is too much work.
HC82
Been played the PSO2 JP version many months ago. I stopped playing because I can't read Japanese, did not want to DL an English patch, and would rather not grind out a character and have to restart. So I am waiting for the US release in the mean time.
Alisha
ok but your missing out
Vitamin D
QUOTE(HC82 @ Jan 29 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Been played the PSO2 JP version many months ago. I stopped playing because I can't read Japanese, did not want to DL an English patch, and would rather not grind out a character and have to restart. So I am waiting for the US release in the mean time.

This. Also, There is a severe lack of alt+Q in that video. It is the only thing needed in the realm of PSO 2. With that said, yeah, see ya when the game comes West.
donkeybeatz
QUOTE(Vitamin D @ Feb 2 2013, 10:55 AM) *
QUOTE(HC82 @ Jan 29 2013, 03:13 PM) *

This. Also, There is a severe lack of alt+Q in that video. It is the only thing needed in the realm of PSO 2. With that said, yeah, see ya when the game comes West.

I got you covered:
Alisha
yo doney lets boogie!

AC9breaker
I was thinking of playing the jp version in hopes of using it to help me learn some more weeaboonese by talking to the local populace. How is the english patch though? I would like to be able to navigate the menus with ease.
donkeybeatz
QUOTE(Alisha @ Feb 2 2013, 01:32 PM) *
yo doney lets boogie!

QUOTE(Vitamin D @ Feb 2 2013, 10:55 AM) *

Knightsword
The English patch, last I looked, was limited to menus and item lists and none of the npc chat bubble text was translatable. But it is better then nothing.
Alisha
QUOTE(Knightsword @ Feb 4 2013, 06:03 PM) *
The English patch, last I looked, was limited to menus and item lists and none of the npc chat bubble text was translatable. But it is better then nothing.

theres a story patch now too.
DarkEpyon
I've been playing on and off for the past 6 months.
Alisha
are you the zeota that sent me a friend request?
DarkEpyon
Hey, that's me! Goes to show how often I come to this site these days. lol
Alisha
guitarist.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7dYUm8FNA
Crushinator
Do you have to buy those instruments/emotes as DLC microtransactions or some crap?

Seems SEGA is doing a great job of making sure nobody in the US gives a fuck about this game by delaying it again indefinitely.
Alisha
the codes for those were given away at a concert in japan celebrating 25 years of phantasy star. they can be bought from other players on the AH
DarkEpyon
Yeah but they cost retarded amounts of meseta though.

Oddly enough though, there's a Southeast Asian version of the game coming out sometime.
AC9breaker
Yeah I can't get this stupid patch to work. Everything is still in weeaboonese.
DarkEpyon
Did you extract everything from the first link into the pso2_bin/data/win32 folder?

Also if you did this after an update, you'll need to extract those files again.
AC9breaker
Thanks for the help, finally got it to work and actually put some time into the game today and had a blast!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.