Reply to this topicStart new topic
GTA4, April 29th
Henge
post May 23 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #46

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

I just cleared single player mode at 61.75%. I got the ending where Kate dies as well. I really enjoy GTA4, it's much more immersive than the predecessors as i believe AC9 mentioned above. the improvements in realism and functionality of the combat/driving systems, along with the whole cellphone/contacts interface are nice improvements and along with the lush graphics of modern gaming, really give the series a polished and shiny finish.

My few qualms with the game are easily fixed via DLC:

Limited clothing selections
Lack of more boat/plane/chopper interaction.

also the "friends" calling your cellphone all the time gets annoying, but yay for sleep mode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 23 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #47

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Yeah, the choppers and boats were way underused in the story missions. Theres like 2 missions where you use the helicopter!

But I always use it to get the jump on the victims in the assassination missions beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 6 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #48

PC version officially announced for Nov. 18. Should make Retehi and Oddies happy. guns.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Aug 6 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #49

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Aug 6 2008, 10:57 AM) *
PC version officially announced for Nov. 18. Should make Retehi and Oddies happy. guns.gif

Tasty.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Nov 20 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #50

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

http://kotaku.com/5093975/gtaiv-dlc-announ...d-out-in-feb-09

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 23 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #51

Offical release date for "The Lost and the Damned" expansion DLC confirmed!

Feb 17, 2009 buttrock.gif

Impressions here: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/01/han...d_damned-2.html

Looks fucking awesome, totally worth $20.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 17 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #52

Just got done playing the first hour or so. Pretty awesome so far. The voice acting and animation are just as good as the proper game, they didn't really hold back with this DLC. One of the early cutscenes is fucking BRUTAL too, these biker dudes don't fuck around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Midicronica
post Feb 17 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #53

Superlative Procrastination

Group: Associates
Member No.: 1320

Good to hear that they went all the way with this. I really wouldn't expect anything less from Rockstar and they're GTA titles, especially one of this caliber. One question, is there still a lot of that going out with your homies shit in there? As much as I love seeing American titties with Roman that shit got a little stale after doing 20 times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 17 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #54

Not as far as I can tell.

They have a new mechanic where your "crew" has experience bars, and the more gunfights they get in and win, the better they become. If a member of the gang dies then they are dead forever and get put up on the "memorial wall" inside the Lost's gang clubhouse, and you get a new recruit for your posse. Right from the start you already have gang members that can bring you a bike if you lose yours, drive up with a weapons van, etc.

Since the setting for this story has the main character already established as a high ranking member of his gang, you don't need to do the "footwork" like in previous GTA's, building your reputation and such.

Also it already has had a tie in to the main GTA4 story, one of the biker dudes I ran a mission with is the same guy that was sleeping with that russian crime boss's daughter, who Niko had to kill in an early mission buttrock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 26 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #55

New GTA4 DLC expansion announced. "The Ballad of Gay Tony". Coming this Fall to 360, 1600 MS points. This confirms the theory that the "Impossible Trinity" bank heist mission ties all 3 DLC lead characters together.

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony for Download on Xbox LIVE® and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Available on Disc for Xbox 360® this Fall

By: Business Wire
May. 26, 2009 04:01 PM

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the fall release of both the second episode of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony - exclusively for download on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will include both episode one The Lost and Damned, and episode two The Ballad of Gay Tony together on a single disc exclusively for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"Liberty City is the most vibrant game world we've created yet. The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative. This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities."

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

The Ballad of Gay Tony will release on Xbox LIVE this fall for $19.99 or 1600 MS points and requires players to have Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download.

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 26 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #56

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 1 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #57

buttrock.gif Looks fucking awesome. Transport chopper! Golf cart! Disco dancing! Parachutes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 17 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #58

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:51 AM