Closed TopicStart new topic
FFXI Meeting 4/24/04
drunken_chibi
post Apr 20 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #31

San d'Orian Evil

Group: Associates
Member No.: 69

i guess that's it for me then. well .. who knows.. i'll go to the meeting, but i highly doubt i'll be switching over. eh, maybe it's the booze talking...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
proj
post Apr 20 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #32

Neckchopping Avatar of Angst

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 129

Seriously what's the big deal? Oviously this has been thought out. It's not like it's a democracy we're not changing countries or affiliations or absorbing a bunch of other linkshells. We're still talking about the same people with a new cool name and cool new linkshell color. This change will be a good catalyst for the linkshell moving foward.

Nobody is being left behind. I have been a part of gaming clans since the mid nineties and I think that changing names and what not is fun! It gives you history and perspective. You don't lose your identity, you build your bonds stronger by changing together.

I like that there are no hard and fast rules besides the obvious. Respect others and the community by not bickering in public.

I know I'm new and what not but I have a lot of respect already for everyone here and look foward to the change.

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Apr 20 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #33

The Dragon

Member No.: 81

I gotta agree with Chibi about the arguing aspect. Everyone is human and there are just gonna be days when something negative might come out on the LS. Now if we have a certain person involved in most of the beef, then I think it's time for something to be done. I mean, what if Dive or Woe get into with someone, do the same rules apply to them? I think keeping the arguing to a minimum is important, but it's not life or death. I think there are a few more important matters that could be aired out before we worry this much about arguing.

I also think this is a lot of work just to change the LS name. We could do everything mentioned of the front page with the LS we have now, cept for the actual name change. But ehh that's just my two gil. In the end, as long as this dosen't become a dictatorship...I'm down for whatever...

EDIT...wow, I have a problem with this...

It's not like it's a democracy

I was under the impression that even though I am not a actual AT "clan" member I still had some sort of input. If this has been a dictatorship in disguise all along, I may go the route with Chibi. Whoa...that's really not what I wanted to see...

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Apr 20 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #34

Local 804

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (The JadeDragon @ Apr 20 2004, 05:30 PM)
I gotta agree with Chibi about the arguing aspect. Everyone is human and there are just gonna be days when something negative might come out on the LS. Now if we have a certain person involved in most of the beef, then I think it's time for something to be done. I mean, what if Dive or Woe get into with someone, do the same rules apply to them? I think keeping the arguing to a minimum is important, but it's not life or death. I think there are a few more important matters that could be aired out before we worry this much about arguing.

I also think this is a lot of work just to change the LS name. We could do everything mentioned of the front page with the LS we have now, cept for the actual name change. But ehh that's just my two gil. In the end, as long as this dosen't become a dictatorship...I'm down for whatever...

Jade is sexy.. and right.. I in no way think this should apply to say if I were to log on and be in a pissed off mood. Sometimes people are just genually pissed off. But something does need to be done about the few who bicker and complain all the time. It's a mood killer. We could make it all matter on the severety of the arguement. For example. If I say DRK sucks and Woe disagrees. no biggie. But if i call Woe a asshole, that can result in a broken pearl.

And yes, these rules do apply to those who are higher up.

If they don't, then my idea of what AT is has been completely wrong.

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Apr 20 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #35

The Dragon

I also think that our new arguing policy could be faulty because what if like I come online and say hi to everyone, then Tan says..."Jade your ugly", and I say yeah Fuck you too. Now he and I know we are just playing around but there are a lot of LS members that don't know me(or him) very well and might think we are having a fight. This could affect me a lot because I always speak my mind and just let the shit fly when I'm having fun. Ehh, I'm getting more and more down as the day goes by...lol

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 20 2004, 05:19 PM
Post #36

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

I don't think a "No arguing policy" is needed, people just need to understand why they don't need to argue.

Look, I'll be straight up. If you as a person are too self absorbed, then your totally NOT getting the idea of the culture of the AT community. It's about helping each other out, not because you have to be, but because you want to.

Everyone is supposed to have each others back. So what if you don't get the item? People are 'supposed' to be there to make sure everyone gets their fair share at one point or another. If people put in the time to get something for someone else other then themselves, everyone needs to put in the time to get that something for those who were left out. If your only thinking about yourself, your not getting the flow of what the AT is about, or how a good mmorpg guild works.

Many of the members put themselves second and everyone else first. If people do that for you, then you gotta realize why you should do the same.

+Quote Post
proj
post Apr 20 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #37

Neckchopping Avatar of Angst

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 129

Maybe I should have clarified "It's not a democracy" comment as it's not very clear what I mean.

I'm really not trying to raise stink just saying how I feel on the matter and try to put at ease some of the concerns I hear as I have been through something like this a few times before.

I have been in 'clans' where it was a literal democracy, there was a leadership vote, and votes on everything. It was craziness and way over done. People get together as a bunch of friends and start to turn the thing into some kind of pseudo online government when it doesn't need to be anything of the sort.

Here you have a group of friends who respect each other and want to have fun and not let things break down into bickering. You obviously have a few leaders but we're not talking about full scale government here. Woe isn't going to start taxing you to come on the next rank mission ;D

If I think something is messed up I just say 'hey what's up with this'? If I want to change linkshells I do so. To sum up, the linkshell is a collection of people doing how they please (hopefully helping each other) in a friendly connected environment. Say Woe starts drinking stalin soda and comes down on everyone with his hammer and scythe, so what? People leave? The group is defined by it's members the shell and sack holders really have no control over anyone in the group other than by kicking you out if violate group policies. So the linkshell is intrisically defined by it's members and their behaviour.

Now not to get too offtrack here from the original discussion. The purpose of the name/color change seems to be:

Defining a new combined identity that better represents what the linkshell on bimarck has become.
In the process of doing this setting out a very simple charter to ensure good communication.
Get a new color and usher in a new era for the FFXI server residents.

Now since I've been so pro-change and going along with it let me try to play my own devil's-advocate.

If it ain't broke, why try to fix it? The linkshell seems to get along really well.
History, heritage and reputation could be lost as the linkshell has already been building a good reputation for itself.
While plenty of people will go along for the change is it really worth it if it leaves some other's feeling alienated who don't accept the change well.

+Quote Post
FlyRobinFly
post Apr 20 2004, 06:17 PM
Post #38

Psy Armor

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (HC82 @ Apr 20 2004, 05:19 PM)
I don't think a "No arguing policy" is needed, people just need to understand why they don't need to argue.

Look, I'll be straight up. If you as a person are too self absorbed, then your totally NOT getting the idea of the culture of the AT community.

I completely agree. Rules or no rules, the quality of this community will inevitably be the product of its members and their actions; drawing up a book of laws (yes, I know it's not that extreme at the moment) undermines this in my opinion. Who's to say that nothing productive can come out of an argument, or that it's not valuable for the community as a whole to help mediate a problem that erupts between two users? Personally I can't recall any incidents that have diminished my experience in this community, and I wouldn't expect to given what an awesome group of people you all are.

The linkshell is primarily populated by seasoned AT'ers, and I recognize that I'm a guest in this community - I'm grateful to have been invited along for the ride. I do wish we all had more of a say in at least the naming of the new linkshell though, as it's been conceived, created, and will be operated exclusively by AT folks it seems. I'm cool with that seeing how you've done such a fantastic job so far, but there are some aspects of AT culture (ranking users into castes and such) that I wouldn't want to see migrate into the LS. I deal with enough hierarchy at work; when I get home I just want to have a good time and do my part to make sure others do the same and succeed in their goals.

That's it for me. I'm a sentimental type and I'll really miss the glorious green, but if a new LS will better represent us then I'm for it.

+Quote Post
Omar
post Apr 20 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #39

Soul Frame

Member No.: 108

omg if you guys change the name and color of linkshell.. oh man will you not want to feel my rath!!

*sarcasm+99*

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Apr 20 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #40

The Dragon

we're are just trying to do something cool and new for the LS, and bring everyone closer togeather at the same time...

if you all want things to stay the way they are now, who am I to argue.

Personally, I don't have a big problem with the name or color change...it's this arguing rule that might need just a tad bit of adjustment.

oh man will you not want to feel my rath!!

Omar...it's wrath you moron...lol

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Apr 20 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #41

Local 804

Flye, there is no higherarchy of AT, sure we have casts and what not, but everyone here is equal, Just some of the other people like Dark Templar are mods, and Arbter are people who can edit the forums, don't think of it as people having power over you, cause no one here has power over anyone.

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Apr 20 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #42

The Dragon

Flye, there is no higherarchy of AT, sure we have casts and what not, but everyone here is equal, Just some of the other people like Dark Templar are mods, and Arbter are people who can edit the forums, don't think of it as people having power over you, cause no one here has power over anyone.

I disagree somewhat. I don't feel like anyone has power over me, but I also don't feel us non "clan" members are equals to the actual "clan" members. Like Robyn I am very grateful for being allowed to be a guest here, but that dosen't mean we feel like your equals. That could just be my feelings as I can't speak for other guests.

BTW...that's one amazing run on sentence Cam lol...

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Apr 20 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #43

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (The JadeDragon @ Apr 20 2004, 02:30 PM)
Now if we have a certain person involved in most of the beef, then I think it's time for something to be done. I mean, what if Dive or Woe get into with someone, do the same rules apply to them?

I trust the decisions made here and these members (along with some others) formed the now known "AT" tribe. AT was once a small group of known friends before it had grown (some for the better, and some for the worse). I do not think this argument (or even hint at) should have ever come up.....*sigh*

I fully trust the decisions of the higher caste. I believe everyone that is part of the community should as well. AT is not a democracy...but I (I believe) very open to ideas and new thoughts.

Although I am not one to give my opinion or thoughts often, they are not ignored as I believe we are "open minded" here.

EDIT: AT does have a caste system and that is one things I believe makes us unique. Castes are earned and recognized by the members, not given~~

Higher caste have been part of our tribe for longer and the decisions and thoughs are trusted by the others.

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Omar
post Apr 20 2004, 06:38 PM
Post #44

Soul Frame

Member No.: 108

Omar...it's wrath you moron...lol

lmao.. oops.. oh well the point was that nobody should give a fuck... its just a little change.. everyone gonna get in the ls.. and eventually the sack holder will get tired of breaking shells.. and having apology topics every three minutes...

guys.. its gonna be the same way it always was.. plain and simple.. its to big now to change it that much.. without arguments... how would you pick your president? without arguements how would peopel be able to defend themselves... its apart of our culture...

it may need to be toned down.. but it will be to ridiculus if becuase just one little 5 min fight they will have their ls broken....

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Apr 20 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #45

Local 804

BTW...that's one amazing run on sentence Cam lol...

Jade..... I love you so much

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:18 PM